ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

gp wont sign as a referee for mn1 form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameera82
Newly Registered

gp wont sign as a referee for mn1 form

Post by sameera82 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 pm

hi all

i am going to apply for nationalisation for my 2 sons. one is a year old and the other is 3 yrs old. i have one referee but my gp wont act as a second referee.

should i submit the forms with one referee or i can have any other professional who knows me and kids to sign?

thanx in advance.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:29 pm

f2k in this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944 had MN1 approved without referees
'In everything give thanks'

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm

thanx for replying

Yes, f2k did get it without the referees.

but when i took the appointment from the NCS ppl they insisted that i had to fill in the referees section or they wont accept the application. when i took the appointment i didnt know my gp wud have a problem signing.

i have an appointment on 6 august. what u suggest. 1 referee wud be ok?

thanx again.

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:13 am

what about your Dentist, worth asking him/her.
local News agent owner? they could sign too.

old_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by old_hsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 am

sameera82 wrote:thanx for replying

Yes, f2k did get it without the referees.

but when i took the appointment from the NCS ppl they insisted that i had to fill in the referees section or they wont accept the application. when i took the appointment i didnt know my gp wud have a problem signing.

i have an appointment on 6 august. what u suggest. 1 referee wud be ok?

thanx again.
You can try health visitor as well. We had the same problem with the GP but health visitor was happy to act as referee as she came to our home to fill in the form.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:29 pm

There are more limitations as to who can sign as referee for a child...so the local 'Newsagent' isn't an option! :roll:

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 pm

hey all

thanx for the suggestions.

i did try my health visitor, but she didnt agree with me (makes me wonder if i shud change my gp)

anyways, i just got off the phone with NCS ppl and they said that anyone who knows the child in a professional manner and isnt a friend would do. but referee is important for the acceptance of the application.

so dentist is definitly in the list but the news agent isnt. another suggestion is anyone at the nursery or a registered child minder.

hope it all helps. i will keep posting the progress of the application...submission and the hopefull approval.

thanx all again