ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canadian immigration in process , can i apply for australian

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanywrd
Newly Registered

canadian immigration in process , can i apply for australian

Post by nanywrd » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi
I am a indian national , a computer professional, I had applied for canadian immigration since 2005 and might take another 2 years to get the final PR. But looking at the current economic situation and the time that it took , i have almost lost my patience for the canadian immigration.
I have heard that Australia there are better jobs for me and it takes way less time to get a Australian PR(approx 1 year to 1.5 years).

My question is , if my canadian application is in process , can i also apply for australian Immigration. Or is there a rule or a law which will ask me to first cancel Canadian Application and then only can i apply Australian PR. applying for 2 PR's , is it wrong. Is there a work around for that.

Can somebody help me with that question

Thanks

nany

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:57 pm

hi,
u can apply for australian immigration aswell , there is no law which can stop u applying. PR is just a visa status , its only citizenship where law differs from country to country, some countries give you an option to have dual nationality whereas for some countries you've to surrender your previous citizenship. What you've applied for canada is PR and what you are applying for australia is PR .

nanywrd
Newly Registered

Post by nanywrd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:25 pm

nasirpk wrote:hi,
u can apply for australian immigration aswell , there is no law which can stop u applying. PR is just a visa status , its only citizenship where law differs from country to country, some countries give you an option to have dual nationality whereas for some countries you've to surrender your previous citizenship. What you've applied for canada is PR and what you are applying for australia is PR .

I had asked the above question assuming that if I had already applied for my canadian immigration which is in process and right in the middle i am applying for a Australian immigration. That proves my intention to go to Australia and not Canada, which is why canada could cancel my application if they come to know. This is what I thought.
what do you have to say on that?

thanks

nany

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:13 am

that's what i've mentioned, PR is just a visa type . U can have as many visas on your passport for different countries u want. Similarly u can apply for newzealand, australia, canada and Uk at same time and even if u get all these PR visas stamped on ur passport, that doesnt make difference. Its citizenship where every country has different rules

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 pm

canada could cancel my application if they come to know.
How will they know unless you tell them?

Besides, as nasirpk has said, it doesn't matter if you have Oz PR stamped on your passport, Canada would not reject you because of that.