ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zimbo_100
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by zimbo_100 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:16 am

Just wanted to share with everyone the return of my original documents 1 YEAR after I had originally submitted them. The home office returned them to me in an UNSEALED envelope (torn and battered) with an elastic band put around them. There were 3 degree certificates inside which had been sent in perfect, mint condition. They were returned to me crumpled, bent, and torn. One of them (masters degree certificate) was actually stapled to the envelope. I am in the UK, so no foreign post office handled the envelope.

Imagine potential employers impressions when I have to show them these certificates in the state they have been returned to me. What a joke.

Rant over - at least they only seem to have lost only one document, not too important.

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:43 am

Sounds like a problem with the postal service to me. Did it not have any postcard attached from Royal Mail, or was the post date actually recent?

zimbo_100
Newly Registered

Post by zimbo_100 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:50 pm

I don't think it was a problem with the postal service - although there was a problem with them too - basically they claimed to have left a card for me to come and pick up the documents but I never got it (despite always getting cards in the past).

I had phoned the HSMP team and they said it had been posted weeks ago, so I was expecting it. BUT, they gave me a wrong tracking number, so I had a very hard time tracking down the package. Really, nobody takes any care with your docs - in Sheffield they cannot even be bothered to record the correct tracking number?!?!

The documents were just damaged from the way these people handle them - and the fact that they sit in a warehouse for a year.

Anyone had similar experiences?

guest_11
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by guest_11 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi,

What did you apply for that it took 1 year for them to return your documents? Did they approve your application?

Impact
Newly Registered

Damaged documents

Post by Impact » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 pm

Hello fello zimbo,

Yes! i had the same experience, well not as bad as yours. i guess they just don't give a damn and don't want to waste money on postage so that is why they remove the documents from the folders.

Anyway, i hope your hsmp outcome was positive. you can always request a reprint of your certificates from the awarding body, i know it is a hassle-
but shit does happen.

zimbo_100
Newly Registered

Post by zimbo_100 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:33 pm

Guest_11, I applied for HSMP but didn't send job offers/request for urgent treatment, etc. as everyone else seems to, so basically they never dealt with the application. Eventually I requested my documents back as I got tired of spending hours trying to get through on the phone only to be told 'ah yes, we will process in the next month'.

Anyway, I did get it -- no breakdown of the points awarded. My question is now, how long will they keep my passport - I am currently in UK on working holidaymaker visa - as far as I can tell I can switch status in-country but any advice is much appreciated.

Howsit to my fellow Zimbabwean on the forum, sorry to hear they messed up your documents too. I agree they couldn't give a damn -- why they need to keep originals for a year is beyond me, but hey we're used to queueing for everything else.