ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving forward......Tier 1 and future studies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolfella

Moving forward......Tier 1 and future studies

Post by coolfella » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Dear friends,

Hope you are well.

Couple of months ago, I have been granted with the Tier 1 visa for three years which will expire in 2012. Right now, I am holding a BSc degree only and applied just before the new rule (regarding having a Master Degree) came into effect.

Moving forward, I would like to know if I will require a Master degree for further extenstion of Tier 1?

If so, any suggestions doing a part time Master degree (computing/bus/marketing etc)?

Initially, I was thinking of doing masters after ILR (indefinite leave to remain).

Also, in terms of extending the current Tier 1 visa, what would be the earliest possible time that I can apply for further extension?

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

Many thanks
Imz

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Moving forward......Tier 1 and future studies

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:26 pm

coolfella wrote:Dear friends,

Hope you are well.

Couple of months ago, I have been granted with the Tier 1 visa for three years which will expire in 2012. Right now, I am holding a BSc degree only and applied just before the new rule (regarding having a Master Degree) came into effect.

Moving forward, I would like to know if I will require a Master degree for further extenstion of Tier 1?

If so, any suggestions doing a part time Master degree (computing/bus/marketing etc)?

Initially, I was thinking of doing masters after ILR (indefinite leave to remain).

Also, in terms of extending the current Tier 1 visa, what would be the earliest possible time that I can apply for further extension?

Many thanks
Imz
You won't need Masters Degree for extension.

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

chetanojha wrote:
coolfella wrote:Dear friends,

Hope you are well.

Many thanks
Imz
You won't need Masters Degree for extension.
Many thanks Guru!

Just wondering if you can assist me finding answers to the following:

In terms of extending the current Tier 1 visa, what would be the earliest possible time that I can apply for further extension? (9 or 6 months before expiry etc)

Please advise

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:07 pm

coolfella wrote:Many thanks Guru!

In terms of extending the current Tier 1 visa, what would be the earliest possible time that I can apply for further extension? (9 or 6 months before expiry etc)

Please advise
People have got extension 6 months before visa expiry. Didn't read about 9 months in this forum.

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

chetanojha wrote:
coolfella wrote:Many thanks Guru!

Please advise
People have got extension 6 months before visa expiry. Didn't read about 9 months in this forum.
sorry I missed i.e jst before the sentence. many thanks anyway.... :)