ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization query for my wife and son...please clarify

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smilr
Newly Registered

Naturalization query for my wife and son...please clarify

Post by smilr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi

Me, my wife and son, we all are on ILR now. I am planning to apply naturalization only for myself now. I will apply for my wife and my son after 3 years.

All of us know that citizenship rules are going to be changed in very near future. So will my wife and son fall into under new rules category if i apply for them after rules changed?

Advance thanks.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:35 am

Why not include your son as well? I am assuming your wife has not been in the UK for five years hence the reason she won't be applying yet but children under 18 can be included in the parent's application regardless of length of residence in the UK as far as I am aware.
'In everything give thanks'

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:37 am

OFCHARITY wrote:Why not include your son as well? I am assuming your wife has not been in the UK for five years hence the reason she won't be applying yet but children under 18 can be included in the parent's application regardless of length of residence in the UK as far as I am aware.
Chapter 9: Registration of minors at discretion[/url] > [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter9/chapter9?view=Binary]Chapter 9 wrote:Children aged 13 or over

9.17.19 We should normally expect a minor child aged 13 or more to have completed 2 years residence in the United Kingdom before agreeing to registration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.