ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultation on earned citizenship etc (ends on 26 Oct 2009)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Generalisimus

Consultation on earned citizenship etc (ends on 26 Oct 2009)

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 am

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 am

I cannot see any mention of ancestry visa in the documents (but maybe I've missed it).

Is it generally considered part of the work/economic stream or the family one?

Just wondering if they anticipate applying these rules to the ancestry visa?

Ben

Morgana
Newly Registered

UKBA

Post by Morgana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 am

This new idea of 'Earned Rights to British Citizenship' by the UKBA really angers me. It states that:The new system of 'earned citizenship' will create a clear, three-stage path for migrants to become British citizens. This will include a new 'probationary citizenship' stage.

Earned citizenship will ensure that the rights and benefits of British citizenship are matched by responsibilities and contributions made to our society. Those who want to settle permanently in the United Kingdom will have to earn the right to stay by learning English, paying taxes and obeying the law.

The Government will support migrants who play by the rules, and will take action to punish those who do not - migrants who demonstrate 'active citizenship' will be able to become British citizens more quickly.
.....................................................................................................
As I understand it and from experience, those who are not yet 'British Citizens' dont stand a chance of being integrated into society.
They don't have permission to access services or agencies where they might be able to learn about British Culture so how can they in reality 'play by the rules'?
Where do these people get their ideas from?
Also how can people contribute to our society fully when they are not allowed to use their skills because of the prohibition to seek work?

Then they go on to speak about punishing people who do not play by the rules.
Have these people not been punished enough??? oh don't let me continue.

keveenjohnnson
Newly Registered

Post by keveenjohnnson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi, I wanna immigrate at UK. I want work permit and also want a spouse visa. But some people told me that you should go alone first and then you take your spouse there. I don't understand what to do?? Which is the batter way?? Take my spouse with me or first go alone??

camcan

Post by camcan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:55 pm

I think if you have sufficents funds to support your application that you can support your self and your spouse intially in the UK....than it should be okay to apply together... but to be honest the uncertainty mungring around British citizenship i believe the best is to go elsewhere...
keveenjohnnson wrote:Hi, I wanna immigrate at UK. I want work permit and also want a spouse visa. But some people told me that you should go alone first and then you take your spouse there. I don't understand what to do?? Which is the batter way?? Take my spouse with me or first go alone??

natural123
Newly Registered

Post by natural123 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:22 am

keveenjohnnson wrote:Hi, I wanna immigrate at UK. I want work permit and also want a spouse visa. But some people told me that you should go alone first and then you take your spouse there. I don't understand what to do?? Which is the batter way?? Take my spouse with me or first go alone??
I think first you go alone would be better. If you can earn enough amount then you take your spouse there.

sammy79
Newly Registered

This Earned Citizenship thing!..applying for ILE by Nov 2011

Post by sammy79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 am

Hi,

Please could someone enlighten me better on this new proposal to citizenship.

I hope to apply for ILE by Nov 2011 to return to UK with spouse (and immediately do the KOL and apply for ILR) after, having lived 4 years outside the UK.

Will I be eligible to apply under the current system until July 2013?...or will my application be considered under the new system?

Thanks

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm

In light of the recent develoments, this page hardly deserves to be in the "sticky" group in my view. Perhaps it should be removed altogether from the forum to avoid confusion.