ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP REGARDING TRAVELLING

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiran12
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP REGARDING TRAVELLING

Post by kiran12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 pm

I have a HSMP visa expiring 06 Dec 2009, i have to visit India for some urgent reason in September and am planning to come back Oct 01 - 2009. The date i come back to UK i will have 2 months on my visa left, will i be allowed back in at immigration without any problem, or what sort of documentation do i need to carry.

Thank you

hav_2_get_hsmp

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 am

Travel as you would do usually. Carry the same documents, nothing extra.

If immigration people ask, just say, you would be applying for extension soon.

As long as you have valid visa it should not be a problem to anyone

nksg

Re: URGENT HELP REGARDING TRAVELLING

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:59 pm

You should be fine.. My visa expiry date was 08 Jan 09 and i travelled to my home country in Nov 08 returned on 30th Nov 08.. without any issue...
kiran12 wrote:I have a HSMP visa expiring 06 Dec 2009, i have to visit India for some urgent reason in September and am planning to come back Oct 01 - 2009. The date i come back to UK i will have 2 months on my visa left, will i be allowed back in at immigration without any problem, or what sort of documentation do i need to carry.

Thank you

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT HELP REGARDING TRAVELLING

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm

kiran12 wrote:I have a HSMP visa expiring 06 Dec 2009, i have to visit India for some urgent reason in September and am planning to come back Oct 01 - 2009. The date i come back to UK i will have 2 months on my visa left, will i be allowed back in at immigration without any problem, or what sort of documentation do i need to carry.

Thank you
best thing (if possible) get a simple letter from the company u r working with currently that u r workings on some project blah blah.. i think that is the safest bet n will buy u peace of mind..