ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Qs are asked while booking an appointment for ILR ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk123
Newly Registered

What Qs are asked while booking an appointment for ILR ?

Post by uk123 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:45 am

Dear all,

I'm sure some of you must have booked an appointment for ILR application. I wanted to know :

1> What kind of quesions do they ask while giving you an appointment over the phone ? Do they try to find out (as a part of an initial screening process) whether you are eligible for ILR i.e. you have completed about 4 yrs and you have all the required docuemnts. I am asking this because I had a gap of more than 3 months in the UK stay in last 4 years so I am afraid they might not give me an appointment in the first place.

2> If I have alrady completed 3 yrs and 11 months in the UK, how many days before do I need to phone them so I can get an appointment on the day I want ?

3> Do they give us choice of the day and time of the appointment or they dictate it ?

4> Any suggestions on when one should go e.g. any particular day (say Monday or Friday) to be avoided or any particular time to be avoided ?

I would be grateful if you could share your experiences.

Many thanks !!

littletrouble
Newly Registered

Post by littletrouble » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:33 pm

I just booked an appointment today.

They didn't ask any specifics, just the date your work permit started so they know you've actually hit the 3yr 11mo point (and presumably that you're not wasting your time).

You call through to the INEB number (08706067766) and tell them you need to book an appointment, after they've made sure you're at the right point in your stay, they'll transfer you to the booking line who will take your details and give you a ref.

They gave me a choice of day and time (though I just said morning as I wasn't that fussed). They only book appointments 2 weeks in advance, so according to the operator on the other end of the line - they generally don't get too filled up if you call in advance.

Hope that helps?