ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA, Marriage, Visa - Advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neo2008
Newly Registered

COA, Marriage, Visa - Advice please

Post by Neo2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 am

Hello,

I hope I can get some advice and guidance on what to do. (please read this carefully)

I am here on a 2 years WHM, which expires in Feb 2010. I had applied back in June for a COA to get married to my girlfriend who has permission to remain here indefinetly. We both have Indian passports. We have recieved our permission or coa last week and we have booked everything, we will be getting married in 4 weeks.

She had been married before, but divorced 2 years ago and has a council flat, up until last week she was recieving housing benefit, but she has informed them that she is getting married in 3 weeks, so they have stopped it. She works part time and pays all the bills..etc in full.

I work full time, but my contract for 12 months expires in august, after which I cannot work under the rules of my current visa. I am currently staying with my sponsor, who is my Mothers sister here in berkshire.

I would like to know, after I am married, what form do I need to fill out to switch my visa and also what documentation do we need??

We are not living together "full time" (I have shifted most of my stuff to her flat and stay there from time to time), but will be doing properly after the marriage. I was told that if I moved in with her my auntie would get into trouble as she sponsored me and not my girlfriend. Again, this was a friend who said this and hopefully, they were wrong.

I have all my bank statements and other letters addressed to me at my aunties house, with her address.

My girlfriend also has about 6months worth of documents.

When I do make an application to switch my Visa, after the marriage, should I make it from her, my girlfriends address or my aunties address?

Reason why I ask is, a friend told me to change my letters, etc so they are delivered to my girlfriends address and then once the COA comes through and by the time we are married, we would have at least 4 months of documents at her address and that would speed up our application, as it would save time; had I got married and then changed the address and waited 3 months for bank statements..etc. it would have been time for me to leave the country..etc.

So, I changed the delivery address of my bank statements to my girlfriends flat. But now I am worried that my application might be compromised.

Thank you for your time.

Bally.

ps. I am using my friendd account, hence different name.

vinny

Re: COA, Marriage, Visa - Advice please

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:19 am

Neo2008 wrote:I would like to know, after I am married, what form do I need to fill out to switch my visa and also what documentation do we need??
FLR(M) (277, 285).
Neo2008 wrote:I work full time, but my contract for 12 months expires in august, after which I cannot work under the rules of my current visa.
See also incidental work.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Neo2008
Newly Registered

Re: COA, Marriage, Visa - Advice please

Post by Neo2008 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 pm

vinny wrote:
Neo2008 wrote:I would like to know, after I am married, what form do I need to fill out to switch my visa and also what documentation do we need??
FLR(M) (277, 285).
Neo2008 wrote:I work full time, but my contract for 12 months expires in august, after which I cannot work under the rules of my current visa.
See also incidental work.
Thank you Vinny.

Could you clear another point up for me?

What is the minimum amount of funds required by myself and my wife, when we send our application for the FLR, I know we must attach bank statements, but how much must we show. i.e. at least £3000.00? etc

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.