ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absense Days For ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wp-hsmp
Newly Registered

Absense Days For ILR

Post by wp-hsmp » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Guys,

Now, to appy for ILR I need to put down the days I was away from UK. Of course it's not possible for me to know those dates for the last 5 years. So I decided to check my passport stamps. The problem is some of the stamps are unreadable. There is no way to read it at all. So how am I suppose to calculta those dates? I know total in 5 years it's around 120-130 days but how can I prove it without those stamps.

Thanks for your help.

Will_I_Get_ILR
Newly Registered

Re: Absense Days For ILR

Post by Will_I_Get_ILR » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 pm

wp-hsmp wrote:Hi Guys,

Now, to appy for ILR I need to put down the days I was away from UK. Of course it's not possible for me to know those dates for the last 5 years. So I decided to check my passport stamps. The problem is some of the stamps are unreadable. There is no way to read it at all. So how am I suppose to calculta those dates? I know total in 5 years it's around 120-130 days but how can I prove it without those stamps.

Thanks for your help.
You are expected to know all these dates. Sorry, dont want to sound unhelpful but Home Office is quite fussy about this.

Best to have a spreadsheet printed with all the dates, destinations, purpose of visit etc. I did the same and got ILR with over 200 days absence (mostly for official reason).

All the best!!

wp-hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by wp-hsmp » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Will_I_Get_ILR,

Thanks for the reply.

Once I manage to read the stamps, I will put those on a nice spread sheet :)
Doesn't home office has these records already???

There has to be another way!

bani

Post by bani » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:23 am

wp-hsmp wrote:Hi Will_I_Get_ILR,

Thanks for the reply.

Once I manage to read the stamps, I will put those on a nice spread sheet :)
Doesn't home office has these records already???

There has to be another way!
For me, all my plane and train tickets were purchased online. I never deleted my receipts, I just checked my email accounts for the dates on those 22 trips I took out of the UK in the last 4 1/2 years.

You would think UKBA/HO would have a record of these, but when I asked them for all my arrivals in the UK in my SAR report, they said they only had access to information on my first arrival.

winber

Post by winber » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 am

I think you'll just have to do the best you can from reading the stamps. I don't think the HO keep a proper record of this which is why they ask you to do it for them.

They probably know the dates you enter the country, but not leave. If you can't read some of the stamps it might be a good idea to mention it on the cover letter just to keep yourself covered.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am

wp-hsmp:

I would suggest you make your best guess at the dates. In my own case, there were a few dates I wasn't sure of (mainly because the exit dates are not registered on the passport), so I entered my best estimates. As far as I could see, the caseworker didn't do any cross-check between the spreadsheet I had prepared versus the entries in my passport.

I was granted ILR - later I realized I had got a few dates wrong!
Don't sweat too much about it. So long as you get the dates correct to the best of your knowledge, that's good enough.
I wouldn't mention this in any letter at all. No need to bring too much attention to this matter.