ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cost Of Getting Visa Stamped

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Cost Of Getting Visa Stamped

Post by AzimScot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi,

My sister in law has a free appeal from Pakistan's British Embassy in Islamabad. She successfully won her case and she has handed in her passport to a Fedex office in Lahore and awaiting an appointment to collect her passport with a British visa stamp on it. However, my uncle who is doing this on the behalf of my sister in law as she is not competent on her own and requires guidence is asking me for money the same amount we gave when we applied initially for the spouse visa? My uncle is saying they are asking for that money before we stamp the visa? Is the correct or fraud? I have never heard of paying money to stamp a visa before only when you initially apply for your going for your 2nd 3rd appeals etc.

Thanks.

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm

You don't pay any fees if you have allowed appeal which is your siste-inlaw case.

I have applied for my mother and submit her passport without the fee at Gerry's KHI.

Regards,

SherlyPK

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:36 pm

You dont pay anything further. You have already paid the fee at the time of lodging your application.

You dont pay anything extra if if you win an appeal.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks for the replies I thought so. Tried calling Gerrys FedEX but couldn't get through anyone know there opening times?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 am

Currently the time it takes to get your visa stamped in your passport after winning your appeal in the UK is about 3 months.

So if you have won your appeal only recently, then you have got some waiting to do.

Also contacting Fedex will be a waste of time, as everything is in the hand of the ECO who will be either in Abu Dhabi or London

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,

Wow 3 months it takes just for a stamp & appointment?

I want to confirm it with them that there is definitely no further fees involved.

Thanks.