ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magsi23
Member of Standing

Employer Letter

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Deal All,

Just want to know if this letter would be enough when applying for ILR.

This is to confirm that Mr. xxx is employed at the xxx, I am aware that xxx is in the process of applying for the permanant residency here in the UK and his employment with xxx is expected to continue indefinetly.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerly
xxx

Can someone let me know if this sounds ok and good enough? i will be applying on 10yr LR and am aware that employment letter is not needed, but if they ask i do want to carry a proof.

Many thanks
Magsi

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Why state that "you know the person is applying . . ." and expected to continue "Indefinitly" -

just state the facts about employment and add that "we expect to continue employing him in the future". Simple.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Backer wrote:Why state that "you know the person is applying . . ." and expected to continue "Indefinitly" -

just state the facts about employment and add that "we expect to continue employing him in the future". Simple.

What is the difference?
Magsi

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 pm

For my (successful) ILR application, I got the following letter from my employer (HR dept) on company letterhead. Hope this is helpful for you:
===============================================
Date

UK Border Agency
[Address goes here]

I can confirm that Mr XXX has been employed by this company since xxx.

His position is as a XXXX within the YY department. The company regards this position as permanent employment.

His current base salary is £nnn. This does not include bonus or any other payment.

Further, this information is given without responsibility or any liability...etc.
[this section is standard HR wording, can vary company to company]

I do hope you find this information satisfactory but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Yours faithfully,

-signed-

Name
HR Representative
===============================================
Last edited by global gypsy on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:10 am

Thanks global gypsy,

I have already got the letter as i mentioned it above, i can get them to change it to exactly how yours was but the one i have is not good? any opinion or ideas welcome.
Magsi

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:14 am

Your letter doesn't have to be identical to mine, but so long as it has similar content it should be fine. And it helps if it comes from the HR department.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks global gyspy
Magsi