ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7yrs Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hypegal3

7yrs Illegal immigrant

Post by hypegal3 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49 pm

My friend is going to apply as a dependent on an EU national. Only thing is hes been here for 7yrs illegally. They know nothing about each other, completely strangers. This will all be done through lawyers and alot of money as well.

Will this work? I have told him not to.
there 4 u

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Give us a bit of a background. What type of dependant is it ?

Husband, durable relationship, other family members or what.

By the way, this is the wrong thread. You should move your query to the Immigration for family members section.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

hypegal3

Post by hypegal3 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm

I dont know what kind of dependant. They are both strangers to each other.
there 4 u

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 pm

how could they be depandant if they are strangers???? it will be just flagging to the Home office about the 7 years and surely you have to prived thousands of documents to prove what ever relationship they have is consistant.

good luck anyway

zebra3

bani

Post by bani » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 am

Obviously, they will try to defraud UKBA, I'm guessing by marriage. Your friend is one of the reasons legal immigration is getting tougher and tougher in this country. Will it work? I hope you didn't post here to ask us for tips in support of this.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Will it work? Well it depends on how sleazy the lawyers are and how much fake evidence they can generate that actually manages to pass muster.

Should it work? No.

Personally, I wish they would do all of us people doing things the legal way a favor and not even try. Even the failed attempt makes us all look bad, and makes things harder for the honest sincere marrying couples.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm

ouflak1 wrote:Will it work? Well it depends on how sleazy the lawyers are and how much fake evidence they can generate that actually manages to pass muster.

Should it work? No.

Personally, I wish they would do all of us people doing things the legal way a favor and not even try. Even the failed attempt makes us all look bad, and makes things harder for the honest sincere marrying couples.
Too right!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41999

hypegal3

Post by hypegal3 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Im not trying to get tips or anything, some people on here already know my status in the country. Im just wondering how the hell a lawyer is gonna do that.

The friend told me the lawyer was hesitant about doing this, but he forced the lawyer to do it anyway. And Im telling him not to do it, by the way he has just finish uni and now has a degree, which is why he is thinking of doing something and this is what he came up with.
there 4 u

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 pm

sorry no offence but your friend forced the lawyer?
it sounds like he put a gun to his head.
i don`t think you can force any lawyers regardless to their well earned horrible reputation or how sleazy some of them can be.
i think it`s the otherway round .
tell your friend he should be careful if he thinks he can manipulate this kind of individuals .
they wont run the risk to be struck off and jailed for he`s too kind hearted to be forced by his costumer to fake documents.
it doesn`t sound logical.
i`m sorry it stinks .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:45 pm

I think we should cease from making judgemental statements.

Until we have been in someone shoes, we cannot understand just what pushes them to do something we might consider as illegal.

We can only advise , fullstop.

When i see the struggles immigrant faces in the UK, it makes me stunned.

I don't think i will be able to judge them.

Remember some of the basic facilities that we take for granted are not available to them.

I personally think you mate is threading on a thin ice, and he might have to step back a bit an reconsider things, but i shall make no judgement about him whatsoever.

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Obie wrote:I think we should cease from making judgemental statements.

Until we have been in someone shoes, we cannot understand just what pushes them to do something we might consider as illegal.

We can only advise , fullstop.

When i see the struggles immigrant faces in the UK, it makes me stunned.

I don't think i will be able to judge them.

Remember some of the basic facilities that we take for granted are not available to them.

I personally think you mate is threading on a thin ice, and he might have to step back a bit an reconsider things, but i shall make no judgement about him whatsoever.
none is being judgmental here ;but some of us would apreciate less patronising and also some of us might have been in that persons shoes.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:04 pm

mourad wrote: none is being judgmental here ;but some of us would apreciate less patronising and also some of us might have been in that persons shoes.
Actually, i think you might be wrong on the fact that some of the comments are non-judgemental. Some of the contributors are making comments that will be considered as showing a high degree of animosity to the OP's mate.

I have made no secret of my unease about the steps the OP's friend is about to, or is taking, however i will not blame him for the fact that when i was in the UK, the authorities taking years to process my residency was of his making.

I am not patronising him either, as i was once an immigrant, and still is, and at some point i was considered an undocumented alien, by some peoples standard.

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:15 pm

everyone has just expressed the same thing sir

Premkumar99
BANNED

just stay

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:45 pm

just stay as illegal untill death.

Premkumar99
BANNED

illegal