ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time limit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaydee2
Newly Registered

time limit

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 pm

hello everyone ,just got a quick question ,is there a time limit as to how long the UKBA should take to consinder a case ,as i have had a case with them for 9 & half years now and everytime i call they tell me its still being considered ?

any advice welcome please help :cry: :cry:

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

i have had a case with them for 9 & half years
9 1/2 years, really? Or was that a typo?
Blimey, that sounds way too long.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Some category like Work Permit and uncomplicated cases has clearly defined processing time limit, other like asylum and long time concession application can be timely. There are no legally binding time restriction on the UK border agency except for EEA application which they have to process within 6 months.

The only positive side to excessive delays is that it is unlikely you will face removal.

I will suggest you contact you MP, who would write to them on your behalf and speed the process up a bit.

If you have children who have lived in the UK for 7 years, and with whom you have lived and played a part in their upbringing, you could put in an application for indefinite leave to remain.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jaydee2
Newly Registered

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:32 pm

sorry guys it was since 2001 so thats 8 years and some mnths ,i have gone to my mp and the UKba have wrote back to him apologising for how long it has taken saying its the amount of cases they have to deal with and they can't tell me exacly when it will be dealt with.