ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice on psw rejection...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kysonj
Newly Registered

Need Advice on psw rejection...

Post by kysonj » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am

I got my extension under psw(transitional arrangements) rejected for maintainance criteria.Right now i m in permanent employment with Local Goverment with a good pay scale.
Mistake i made was i submitted my application 5 days before the required level of funds were in my account.I applied on 14th july while required level of funds for 3 months were attained by 20th july.
Will my current earnings have impact on appeal.I made mistake by early application as my visa was due to expire on 24th july..if i would have applied after 20th probabaly i would have had my visa..i got decieved by some one who said i can give additional proof later once i make my application.
If you have any advice please do lem me knw..thanks

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm

In the refusal letter HO has specified on which days you were short of funds. Now your task is to prove you had the required level of funds all the time on those particular days.

Unfortunately, evidence dated after the date of application is not acceptable in the appeal process. Your argument would have worked if you had submitted your application on 21st July, but provided evidence dated before 14th July. In this case you would have had a chance to present additional bank statement covering the period between 14th and 20th July immediately prior to your applicaion arguing it was not available at the time of application.

However, in your particular case, you submitted the application on 14th July, therefore now you need to show you had the required level of funds 3 month immediately prior to your appliacation, which is 14 Apr to 14 Jul.

Sorry to say that, but by looking through past court determinations, it is possible to conclude that your additonal evidence dated after the date of application will not be accepted. The date of application is a cut off point.

Also, the fact you have a very well paid job is irrelevant, since in according to the guidance you salary levels cannot constitute the proof of fiance.

I would advice you to appeal, as it would provide an opportunity to extend your stay in the UK for about 2 month, but it is more than likely your appeal would be dismissed unless you manage to provide an additonal evidence covering the period between 14 Apr to 14 Jul immediately prior to your application.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Need Advice on psw rejection...

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 pm

kysonj wrote:I got my extension under psw(transitional arrangements) rejected for maintainance criteria.Right now i m in permanent employment with Local Goverment with a good pay scale.
Mistake i made was i submitted my application 5 days before the required level of funds were in my account.I applied on 14th july while required level of funds for 3 months were attained by 20th july.
Will my current earnings have impact on appeal.I made mistake by early application as my visa was due to expire on 24th july..if i would have applied after 20th probabaly i would have had my visa..i got decieved by some one who said i can give additional proof later once i make my application.
The advice given to you was rigth and wrong but u should have waited untill u had the required 90 days balance to show. If u have provided statements less then 90 days in your application then in u appeal u can submit the rest of the days missing statement and it will meet the requirement of 90 dyas. However, u can not introduce outside the 90 days period. So in u appeal just send the full 90 days balance statement with a letter saying that u did not have that statement at teh time of application but have receievd it now.

Now the advice given to you: It was right in that sense that because u did nto provide the 90 days statement in the first palce so u will be able to submit the rest of the days in u appeal. So it was correct in that case but the person shud have told you to wait untill u have the 90 days balance.

What u need to do now is to produce the missing statement with u appeal form (I am assuming that u have got appeal right) and a letter explaining that u did not have the required statement but have received from the bank now. U will win the appeal without any problem.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Need Advice on psw rejection...

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 pm

kysonj wrote:I got my extension under psw(transitional arrangements) rejected for maintainance criteria.Right now i m in permanent employment with Local Goverment with a good pay scale.
Also statements u need to provide (14th April to 14th July) as mentioned by Vinata as well. U need to provide your old statement to cover that period.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 am

Given the fact that you can fax youur appeal papers, should those bank statements be originals only or are photocopies acceptable?