ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I had tier 4 application refused need help...!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe85
Newly Registered

I had tier 4 application refused need help...!

Post by joe85 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 am

hi,
I received a letter from the ukba yesterday saying they refused to extend my leave to remain under tier 4 , they awarded me my 30 points from the visa letter, but didnt give me any points when it came to maintenance(funds), I needed 10 points. Reason being; my bank statements had excided their 28 days prior rule. This was only the case because they invalidated my application on the 11 of june, because they said I did not complete a mandatory section on the form..they gave me 28 days to submit a valid application and they also said they would highlight the section which they didn't, so I wrote to them asking them to high this section, They replied and so I completed the new form , and sent all my original document from the initial application as i was given i case number, I hoped this would finalise my application... I CAN NOT APPEAL.. they say this is because I put in an application after my leave to remain expired.. This wasn't the case at all, I applied on time ...need help !

ukvisa2004

Re: I had tier 4 application refused need help...!

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Please give the following
bank statement dates (from/to) you submitted
how did you send (royalmail, courier),
when did you send (if royalmail, then date of posting and if its courier, the date the courier company delivered your parcel to ukba), and
when did your visa expired

Only then someone will be able to answer your queries.
joe85 wrote:hi,
I received a letter from the ukba yesterday saying they refused to extend my leave to remain under tier 4 , they awarded me my 30 points from the visa letter, but didnt give me any points when it came to maintenance(funds), I needed 10 points. Reason being; my bank statements had excided their 28 days prior rule. This was only the case because they invalidated my application on the 11 of june, because they said I did not complete a mandatory section on the form..they gave me 28 days to submit a valid application and they also said they would highlight the section which they didn't, so I wrote to them asking them to high this section, They replied and so I completed the new form , and sent all my original document from the initial application as i was given i case number, I hoped this would finalise my application... I CAN NOT APPEAL.. they say this is because I put in an application after my leave to remain expired.. This wasn't the case at all, I applied on time ...need help !

joe85
Newly Registered

Post by joe85 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 pm

I submitted my application on the 29 th of April , the UKBA received it on the 30 th of April , the day on which my visa was due to expire, sent it in with the royal mail recorded signed for , they wrote to me saying the received the application on the 30 th of april. The bankstatements were dated 29 th april , and showed the last 3 months activity on the account. I had and still have more than enough money to support myself without using public funds. They wrote back saying I didn't complete the mandatory section on my form, which was apparently highlighted by themselves. This wasn't the case at all, I had to write back requesting the section to be highlighted .. All this time was within the 28 days given to me by them to complete a new form from the 11 th of june. After receiving a reply from them clarifying what was wrong with the form, I sent a completed new form with all the original documentation on the 2 nd of july(royalmail again). They then invited me to go for a boimetric appointment at the croydon office on the 13th july. And I received a letter on the 05th of august, stating their refusal it was dated 03/08/09.

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 am

Hi,

You submitted your application on 29th April with bank statements dated 29th April. Does that mean you did not send ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENTS which shows your Name, address etc. However you can submit printout of the bank statements, if it is included with stamp of the bank and a letter from the bank confirming the same thing.

On the other hand, you still have not mentioned why your visa was rejected, the reason ukba must have given to you.

joe85 wrote:I submitted my application on the 29 th of April , the UKBA received it on the 30 th of April , the day on which my visa was due to expire, sent it in with the royal mail recorded signed for , they wrote to me saying the received the application on the 30 th of april. The bankstatements were dated 29 th april , and showed the last 3 months activity on the account. I had and still have more than enough money to support myself without using public funds. They wrote back saying I didn't complete the mandatory section on my form, which was apparently highlighted by themselves. This wasn't the case at all, I had to write back requesting the section to be highlighted .. All this time was within the 28 days given to me by them to complete a new form from the 11 th of june. After receiving a reply from them clarifying what was wrong with the form, I sent a completed new form with all the original documentation on the 2 nd of july(royalmail again). They then invited me to go for a boimetric appointment at the croydon office on the 13th july. And I received a letter on the 05th of august, stating their refusal it was dated 03/08/09.

joe85
Newly Registered

Post by joe85 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

If you read carefully , you'll find that I have mentioned why they refused my extension, I stated that my application was invalidated ... They did not count the april application, as they say it was not completed correctly. They say a correct application was put in july, hence the bankstatements being 28 prio to the application. And that is the reason I wasn't given my 10 points to make a successful 40 point application.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

please answer my pm

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Sorry joe85, I now understand what actually happened.

When you sent the application again (2nd July), they consider it as fresh application and hence they rejected your application because your bank statement was 29th April which is more than 28 days.

Moreover, according to them you cannot appeal since you applied after your visa was expired EVENTHOUGH your initial application was made before you visa expires and it was them you gave you 28 days to send the completed application.

As a matter of fact, I THINK YOU DID CHANGE THE FORM from 03/2009 to 06/2009 version. If not, then atleast there is something to prove that since your initial application was April and the form completed was 03/2009 version, the bank statements was also april. But if its not the case, why didn't you change the bank statements also if you changed the form.

In any case, I think the only way you can get out of it is to get some LEGAL HELP, which help them to prove that it was not YOUR FAULT.

VINNY, can you please help joe85.

joe85 wrote:If you read carefully , you'll find that I have mentioned why they refused my extension, I stated that my application was invalidated ... They did not count the april application, as they say it was not completed correctly. They say a correct application was put in july, hence the bankstatements being 28 prio to the application. And that is the reason I wasn't given my 10 points to make a successful 40 point application.