ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Letter in liu of salary slip for 1 month-any comments

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp12345

Salary Letter in liu of salary slip for 1 month-any comments

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi All,

I would be applying for HSMP extension in couple of months. As means of proof of earnings, I would be submitting my salary slips and bank statements along with my application.

Unfortunately, I don't have the payslip for one of the months (and it cannot be regenerated) and hence I intend to request letter from my employer as an alternative. I intend to use the below letter format.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August XX, 2009

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX (Employee No. YYYYYY) was paid monthly salary of GBP XXXX for the month XXXX’09. The salary amount was directly transferred into his bank account as per below details:

Bank Name: XXXXXXX

A/c Number: XXXXXXXX

This letter is issued at the request of the employee as an alternative to official salary slip.

Should you have any queries, please get in touch with us at <emailid>

For XYZ Limited

(Authorized signature)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward for any review comments or suggestions.

Thanks,
hsmp12345

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:03 pm

It would be good if you can put the details of
Monthly
- Gross
- Net paid
- Tax

Net amount is important so that the caseworker can cross check with the amount debited into the bank bankstatement u submit..

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:12 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:It would be good if you can put the details of
Monthly
- Gross
- Net paid
- Tax

Net amount is important so that the caseworker can cross check with the amount debited into the bank bankstatement u submit..
Thanks tvn_ramesh for a prompt response. In my case, I was earlier employed with an Indian MNC (till Apr'09) that used to pay taxes separately and my payslips don't include tax / NI contribution details. For such period (when I was employed with Indian MNC), I will be claiming points based on the net salary and amount mentioned on payslips / salary letter would reconcile with bank statements.

Any problems you forsee with this ?

Thanks once again,
hsmp12345

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:19 pm

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX (Employee No. YYYYYY) was paid monthly salary of GBP XXXX for the month XXXX’09.
i just mentioned that because the letter say's was paid monthly salary.. IS that Gross or NET salary?? which could confuse the caseworker n if he misunderstands it as gross than u will loose points for that month..

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
This is to certify that Mr. XXXX (Employee No. YYYYYY) was paid monthly salary of GBP XXXX for the month XXXX’09.
i just mentioned that because the letter say's was paid monthly salary.. IS that Gross or NET salary?? which could confuse the caseworker n if he misunderstands it as gross than u will loose points for that month..
This would be net salary that would exactly match salary amount in bank statement.

And I will be claiming points for this month based on net salary.

Thank You,
hsmp12345

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
This would be net salary that would exactly match salary amount in bank statement.

Thank You,
hsmp12345
Exactly... that's wat i mean.. u know it is NET salary, so please mention about it clearly in the letter and also mention about this letter/missing pay slip in your cover letter

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX (Employee No. YYYYYY) was paid monthly NET salary of GBP XXXX for the month XXXX’09.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
hsmp12345 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Thank You,
hsmp12345
Exactly... that's wat i mean.. u know it is NET salary, so please mention about it clearly in the letter and also mention about this letter/missing pay slip in your cover letter

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX (Employee No. YYYYYY) was paid monthly NET salary of GBP XXXX for the month XXXX’09.
Excellent !!! Thanks tvn_ramesh once again.

Will surely make a note of your suggestions.

-hsmp12345