ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zee_aziz
- thin ice -

STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09

Post by zee_aziz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:05 pm

ANY BODY HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THAT STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES ARE CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09, AND MAINTENANCE FUND HAS TO BE IN STUDENT'S ACCOUNT FOR AT LEAST ?? DAYS/MONTHS INSTEAD OF 28 DAYS.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09

Post by tuliprose » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 am

zee_aziz wrote:ANY BODY HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THAT STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES ARE CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09, AND MAINTENANCE FUND HAS TO BE IN STUDENT'S ACCOUNT FOR AT LEAST ?? DAYS/MONTHS INSTEAD OF 28 DAYS.

The change is from 21 August: That the funds not necessorily should be on student's own personal account. Students can show their parent's account as wel to show maintenance funds.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 pm

zee_aziz wrote:ANY BODY HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THAT STUDENT VISA TIER 4 RULES ARE CHANGING FROM 30 SEPTEBER 09, AND MAINTENANCE FUND HAS TO BE IN STUDENT'S ACCOUNT FOR AT LEAST ?? DAYS/MONTHS INSTEAD OF 28 DAYS.

Till 30 sep 09 there are transitional arrangements for the maintainance requirement. if u apply b4 30 sep, you have to show that you have the money required at the time u apply and it need not be 28 days in ur bank. but if you apply after 30 sep, u have to show that there is money in your bank for 28 days.

bgizzle
Newly Registered

Post by bgizzle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm

tuliprose wrote:

The change is from 21 August: That the funds not necessorily should be on student's own personal account. Students can show their parent's account as wel to show maintenance funds.
Sorry to burst your bubble but they do not allow for students to show funds in their parents accounts for maintenance any more.
My girlfriend did that but was rejected as they say student must have access to the funds thus account in their own name or joint account only

bgizzle
Newly Registered

Post by bgizzle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

bgizzle wrote:
tuliprose wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but they do not allow for students to show funds in their parents accounts for maintenance any more.
My girlfriend did that but was rejected as they say student must have access to the funds thus account in their own name or joint account only
Apologies I have just checked Home office website and seen information that tuliprose is indeed correct.

My girlfriend has an appeal at the Appeals & Immigration Tribunal in manchester on the 19th Aug 2009. Do you think she will be able to quote this and ask that it be applied to her situation??

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 pm

My niece recently extended her student visa, and since we are the ones who financially support her studies, it was our bank statements that were taken into account. Not hers!

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:04 am

bgizzle wrote:
bgizzle wrote:
tuliprose wrote:

Apologies I have just checked Home office website and seen information that tuliprose is indeed correct.

My girlfriend has an appeal at the Appeals & Immigration Tribunal in manchester on the 19th Aug 2009. Do you think she will be able to quote this and ask that it be applied to her situation??
But this rule is starting for those who would be applying from 21 August 2009.