ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

king84
Newly Registered

ILR help

Post by king84 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 pm

hello everyone i have recently joing this forum and i have been tryin to get help about ILR but couldnt find a solution.

I have been in uk on settlment spouse visa for 9 months .so basically they give u 2 years visa before you can apply for indefinite visa. i have been in uk for 9 months and i could not find a work in uk .but i have a house on rent and tenancy agreement is on my name i have given council bill from my name and i havnt taken any kind of benefits coz my father in law is supporting me .i am still tryin to find a work .i have been told by someone when u apply for indefinite they only check last 3 months payslips ?so if i get work in only last months of my stay here it will be ok for my indefinite?isit possible for me to get visa indefinite? i wont take any kind of benefits .any feedback i will very thankful coz i am really worried thankyou

Also one more thing what documents do u need to apply for indefinite plz dont giv me any links if u could explain here it would be nice thankyou

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 pm

You say that your father-in-law is supporting you financially. Is your spouse working? You will be unable to show the financial help from family to support your ILR application as this will be disallowed. You should show the last 3 months of bank statement for ILR and 6 months of payslips.
You will need to pass the Life in the UK test if you haven''t yet done so.
For ILR the most important point to show is that your marriage is continuing and you are living together at the same address. You'll need to submit a minimum of 6 bills/letters etc preferably in joint names at the same address, spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years, from 3 different categories.
You can download form SET(M) from the UKBA website.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 pm

You have about 1 year and 2 months before you apply. Hopefully you would have found a job then and able to provided the three months statements.

Here is the Application form which explains the requirements, and theguidance Information

Please note that you can get your sponsor to pay his support into your account and use that as a source of income. He/she can also provide you with a bank statement as proof that he/she has enough money to support you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

king84
Newly Registered

Post by king84 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:07 pm

thankyou so much for replies as i am feeling fine now as i was worried n i will start working and will provide last 6 months payslips and no my wife is not working as she had a baby so shes not working either but i will work as it is hard to find these days coz of recession thankyou