ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW help regarding letter from university

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dgill
Newly Registered

PSW help regarding letter from university

Post by dgill » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:56 am

Hi all,

I have finished my MSC. last month from university of kent. I am going to apply my PSW from New Delhi very soon. I am very confused regarding the format of the PSW letter from university. I got a letter from university. The language of letter provided by university is as below:-

University of kent Sponsor Licence number:xxxxxxxxxxxx

To whom it may concern:
Name:xxxxxxxxx
DOB:xxxxxxxxxx

This is to confirm that xxxxxxx registered as a full time postgraduate student for the degree of Master of Science in xxxxxxxx with university of Kent on xxxxxxxxxx(date). He completed his registration on xxxxxxx(date). He resubmitted his dissertation on xxxxxxx(date) and received his results in xxxxxxxxxx(date). The university Congregation Ceremony will take place in November 2009.

The main language of instruction was English.

Further information may be obtained from the Student Records office of the university of kent.

Yours faithfully
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Is this letter is good enough to get PSW visa? if not then
what other points i should request my university to add into this letter described above. Please help me with the exact language needed to add in the letter above. i will ask for a new letter from my uni. as soon as i get the right idea.

It is my humble request to all members to guide me regarding this matter. I will be really thankfull to all of you for this and any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Deepgill.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am

The letter is not good for psw application.
Check here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=42564
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41175
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41728

A lot has been discussed on this subject, just brows this page and the previous two pages, you will get a lot of information on this.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW help regarding letter from university

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm

dgill wrote:Hi all,

I have finished my MSC. last month from university of kent. I am going to apply my PSW from New Delhi very soon. I am very confused regarding the format of the PSW letter from university. I got a letter from university. The language of letter provided by university is as below:-

To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that xxxxxxx registered as a full time postgraduate student for the degree of Master of Science in xxxxxxxx with university of Kent on xxxxxxxxxx(date). He completed his registration on xxxxxxx(date). He resubmitted his dissertation on xxxxxxx(date) and received his results in xxxxxxxxxx(date). The university Congregation Ceremony will take place in November 2009.

Further information may be obtained from the Student Records office of the university of kent.

Yours faithfully
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

what other points i should request my university to add into this letter described above. Please help me with the exact language needed to add in the letter above. i will ask for a new letter from my uni. as soon as i get the right idea.

It is my humble request to all members to guide me regarding this matter. I will be really thankfull to all of you for this and any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Deepgill.
U need to read the guidence on PSW for requirements of the letter. All the details are in the guidence plus it explains wat the letter must show and confirm.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:36 pm

look at this post now same old advice in every post ohhh goshhhhh

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW help regarding letter from university

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm

dgill wrote:Hi all,

To whom it may concern:

Yours faithfully
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards
Deepgill.
Aslo u can Read my psot as i have explained in full deatils what are the requiremenst of the PSW letter and gud luk.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=42564

dgill
Newly Registered

Post by dgill » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:47 am

Hi Ash and all.
Thanks all for your valuable help so far. I got a new letter from university now regarding PSW visa. The letter is described below:-

University of Kent Sponsor License Number: xxxxxxxxx
Datexxxxxx
To whom it may concern

Name xxxxxxx
Degree Title xxxxxx

This is to confirm that Name(xxxxxxxx)Date of birth(xxxxxxx) registered as a full time postgraduate student for the degree of Master of Science in course title(xxxxxxx) with the University of Kent on Date(xxxxxxxx). He completed his registration on date(xxxxxxxx) and was awarded the Master of science in course title(xxxxxxxx), Pass, on Date(xxxxxxx). The degree will be conferred at a graduation ceremony to be held in November 2009.

Your faithfully
xxxxxxxx

Please advice me for this letter. Is this letter good enough and carrying all the key points to apply for PSW visa? Thanks for everyone's help in advance. highly appreciated.

Best regards.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:47 pm

1. In u case the letter shud have the following information.

Applicants Name
Title of the Qualification
Date of award
The body awarding the qualification
Start and End dates for the qualification
Explain the reason why the applicant is unable to provide their original certificate of award
Confirm that the certificate will be issued.

2.The letter is gud for PSW and the only thing i have noticed is that as u do not have u original certificate of award then the letter shud have extra information as follows.

• explain the reason why the applicant is unable to provide their original certificate of award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.

3. I can see all the information according to the above points but i wud say that tell u university to write that cuz u r waiting graduation thats why u can not provide u oroginal award and u will be presented u certificate at graduation.

4. U letter is gud but if u get these extra lines then u will eliminate any chances of HO reject u application.
5. If u university says that its a standard letter and all the students got the PSW with the same letter then u shud be fine (My own opinion about the extra line).

mufi
Newly Registered

PSW QUERY

Post by mufi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:40 am

HI GUYS

I HAD A READ TO ALL THE COMMENTS THAT YOU GUYS HAVE MADE TO HELP EVERYONE AND I AM SURE MOST OF THE PEOPLE MUST HAVE BEEN QUIET PLEASED WITH SUCH FORUM. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP IN MY CASE AS WHICH IS VERY SIMPLE. SO HERE IT GOES.

I AM DOING A MASTER DEGREE AT A RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY. I HAD TO SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 15TH SEPT BUT I HAD SOME MEDICAL REASON SO I GOT AN EXTENSION TILL 30TH NOV, AND HOPEFULLY ILL BE SUBMITTING MY WORK BY LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER. NOW THE UNIVERSITY HAS TOLD ME THAT AFTER I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ILL GET PROVISIONAL RESULTS IN 25 WORKING DAYS. SO WHICH MEANS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, I SHOULD EXPECT MY PROVISIONAL RESULTS BY END OF DEC OR 1ST WEEK OF JAN.

UNIVERSITY HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT IN A YEAR THERE ARE 2 BOARD MEETINGS WHICH GIVES AWARDS THE DEGREE AND FINALIZE THE PROVISIONAL RESULTS, WHICH IS IN LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER AND THEN IN JUNE 2010. NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, SO I HAVE NOT MANAGED TO GET REVIEWED BY BOARD IN NOVEMBER SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL JUNE.

THE MAIN QUESTION IS THAT:
"DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR PSW?"

OR

THE UNIVERSITY CAN PROVIDE ME WITH A LETTER AND I CAN GET PSW IN JAN AS MY VISA IS EXPIRING ON 31ST JAN.

I HOPE THAT MY CASE IS CLEAR AND WELL WRITTEN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO WRITE ME.

REGARDS,
MUF