ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA (MARRIED)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wsg9
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA (MARRIED)

Post by wsg9 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:48 pm

HI,

I am a dutch national living in Uk since 2007. I will be graduated in September this year. I am going to marry in India and want to bring her along with me to uk. What I want to know is if I need a residence card(EEA3) for her application? And since my studies are finishing in september 09, will I be still able to apply as a student or do I need a job before I marry in November or December 09?

Regards,

wsg9

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA (MARRIED)

Post by Rozen » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:01 pm

wsg9 wrote:HI,

I am a dutch national living in Uk since 2007. I will be graduated in September this year. I am going to marry in India and want to bring her along with me to uk. What I want to know is if I need a residence card(EEA3) for her application? And since my studies are finishing in september 09, will I be still able to apply as a student or do I need a job before I marry in November or December 09?

Regards,

wsg9
You don't need to apply for an EEA1 Registration Certificate, only if you want to! She will have to apply for an EEA Family Permit from India, which is in actual fact a six month Entry Clearance for Family Members of EU citizens to enter the UK. Once in the UK, she can then apply for an EEA2 Residence Card.

wsg9
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA (MARRIED)

Post by wsg9 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Rozen wrote:
wsg9 wrote:HI,

Regards,

wsg9
You don't need to apply for an EEA1 Registration Certificate, only if you want to! She will have to apply for an EEA Family Permit from India, which is in actual fact a six month Entry Clearance for Family Members of EU citizens to enter the UK. Once in the UK, she can then apply for an EEA2 Residence Card.
Thank you Rozen!!

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm

any answer to my second question?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 pm

It needs to be clear that you are exercising your EU Treaty Rights in the UK. When you get married, how will you be exercising those rights? Will you still be a student? Or might you be employed? Or self-employed? Or is there a possibility that you might be job-seeking?
John

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm

John wrote:It needs to be clear that you are exercising your EU Treaty Rights in the UK. When you get married, how will you be exercising those rights? Will you still be a student? Or might you be employed? Or self-employed? Or is there a possibility that you might be job-seeking?
I might be a job-seeker at the time I will be India and not a student any more

thanks John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Have you been working at all? Even just a holiday job?

If that is the case, why would that employment have ceased? Simply because you gave in your notice to leave? Or because the job ended?

Sorry the above questions are rather particular. If you download the EU Directive ... click here ..... and go to Article 7.3, on page 19 of 48 of the PDF file .... you will see that in certain specified circumstances a job-seeker is still classed as a worker (employed) even though job-seeking.
John

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 am

John wrote:Have you been working at all? Even just a holiday job?

If that is the case, why would that employment have ceased? Simply because you gave in your notice to leave? Or because the job ended?

Sorry the above questions are rather particular. If you download the EU Directive ... click here ..... and go to Article 7.3, on page 19 of 48 of the PDF file .... you will see that in certain specified circumstances a job-seeker is still classed as a worker (employed) even though job-seeking.
Thanks again John!!

wsg9