ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a passport calling letter: photographs

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jejee
Newly Registered

a passport calling letter: photographs

Post by jejee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Hello,

Finally, I got a passport calling letter from AIU in Leeds.
I have a problem again.

In that letter, it indicates that

Photographs should be certified on the reverse side as a true likeness.

I phoned to HO appeal processing unit to ask about this. She told me that I don't need to find someone to certify them for me. I just write down my name on them. However, HO customer service told me that I have to find someone to certify them for me. Moreover, they should know me.

I'm so confused. Do you have any suggestion for me?
Thanks in advance.

sunshine11
BANNED

Re: a passport calling letter: photographs

Post by sunshine11 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:02 pm

jejee wrote:Hello,

Finally, I got a passport calling letter from AIU in Leeds.
I have a problem again.

In that letter, it indicates that

Photographs should be certified on the reverse side as a true likeness.

I phoned to HO appeal processing unit to ask about this. She told me that I don't need to find someone to certify them for me. I just write down my name on them. However, HO customer service told me that I have to find someone to certify them for me. Moreover, they should know me.

I'm so confused. Do you have any suggestion for me?
Thanks in advance.
I think HO don't know what they are doing. Normally they ask t his thing when u apply for British passport.

You can ask your doctor to certify your photo. I think they will charge £15 but not too sure about charges.

monday

Post by monday » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

HI
Please follow the instruction given to you by the AIU. It is necessary you have the photographs certified. You can give this to the solicitor that handled your appeal for you, if you used one during the appeal. whichever way pls make sure you comply by the rule.

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:06 pm

But why do you need to certify them, yet for normal applications you only need to write your name on them? You can certify them to be safe, but I highly doubt that you need to certify them, they probably mean you need to write your name on the back.

jejee
Newly Registered

Post by jejee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for your suggestion.

My application was refused because my bank statement doesn't show clearly that I have 800 pounds in everyday. (In fact, my account never below 800 pounds). It's just a small mistake on the document, so I didn't consult solicitor.

I decided to certify by myself and write my name down on the back of my photos. However, I will ask my lecturer to certify them for me as well. (to be safe)

It's been a long process.
I just want to be sure that there's nothing wrong with my last waiting for my psw visa although I have no idea how long this process will take.

These are my details:

29th December 2008: a PSW (tier1) application was submitted.
3rd Feb 2009: Refusal letter recieved based on maintanance funds
9th Feb 2009: appeal application was summitted (written hearing)
12th May 2009: change from written hearing to oral hearing
22th May 2009: Appeal won
6th June 2009: got a determination letter
8th August 2009: got a passport call in letter

Thank you again.