ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA w/ less than 3 months left on current visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sambessey

COA w/ less than 3 months left on current visa?

Post by sambessey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 am

Hi,

My GF from Brazil has just under 3 months left on her student visa, and with this in mind, just wondering what the options are on obtaining a COA for marriage in this situation? It sounds like she needs a new visa with at least 3 months on it before she can apply. Is this correct?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 pm

You can apply, but you will almost certainly be asked to provide extra documentation demonstrating that you are in a valid relationship, going for a valid marriage. I had to do this for my wife who was on a student visa with less than 3 months left. Wasn't really much of a problem.