ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to count days.......

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiwiwantsabritishpp!
Newly Registered

How to count days.......

Post by kiwiwantsabritishpp! » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi,

I have recently received my ILR; i am now looking forward to applying for citizenship / passport in 12 months time. As i travel frequently and am planning a long trip out of the UK early next year i am keen to understand exactly how days are counted.

I believe the stipulation is that you are not allowed to be out of the UK for more than 90 days in the previous 12 months.

If for example i took an overnight trip to Germany, would i count this as 1 day, 2 days or 0 days out of the UK (Zero as i was in the UK on both days at some point)?

Thanks v much

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 pm

you do not count the days that you are in the UK even for just 1 hour. So basically ignore the days you leave and day you return

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 pm

How to count
1, 2, 3, 4, ...