ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR travelle Document and Visiting Canada

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sailor75
Newly Registered

ILR travelle Document and Visiting Canada

Post by sailor75 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:11 pm

Hello people -

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.

people who carry ILR Travel document do they need visitors visa to Canada ?

many thanks

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:38 pm

Yes
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Sailor75, the UK ILR is irrelevant. Ignoring the ILR, just looking at your nationality, do you need to get a visitor's visa to enter Canada?

That is, it all depends upon where you are from. Suspect the answer to your question is "no" if you are from the USA! :P
John

boylove
Newly Registered

Post by boylove » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:15 pm

It's not relevant to your question, but you CAN travel to Switzerland without a Visa if you are in UK on a WP or as an ILR holder.
I wonder why not other countires participate in similar programs? Schengen Visa(and others as well) such a hassle.

penanglad

Andrew

Post by penanglad » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:39 am

It's irrelevant, unless you are a British national without right of abode, in which case if you need a visa if you do not have ILR / right of re-admission into the United Kingdom

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm

boylove wrote:I wonder why not other countires participate in similar programs? Schengen Visa(and others as well) such a hassle.
Each country has the right to decide who other than its citizens/nationals may enter their territory on the basis that such is a privilege and not a right. You have the choice to accept this and follow the applicable rules (such as those for countries who chose to be signatories to the Schengen Convention) for entry or refrain from such travel where such is an issue to you. I hope that helps.