ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to tier 1 extn approved. A question for seniors

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nshar1

HSMP to tier 1 extn approved. A question for seniors

Post by nshar1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:37 pm

I received my HSMP tier 1 extn today.Following are the timelines:

Application Posted: 22-July-09
Fee Deducted: 23-July-09
Ref # received: 27-July-09
Visa stamped: 11-Aug-09
Docs received:13-Aug-09

My photograph was 4 months old and it was there in passport on another country's visa. Realizing my mistake, I quickly resent photographs by special delivery. It seems this resent photograph did not reach my application - The new visa still has the old photograph.

Thanks to this forum for the guidance !!

My HSMP was expiring on 03-Oct-09. Got the extn till 03-Oct-2012.
I will have to apply for one more extn as there will be a shortfall of 7 days between ILR and this visa's expiry.(On the cover letter I had requested for 3 year 7 day extn instead of the usual 3 year extn. Didn't work !!)

The next extn will be a tier 1 extn. My question is do we need a post graduation for tier 1 extn?

Thanks,
NShar1
Last edited by nshar1 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nksg

Re: HSMP to tier 1 extn approved. A question for seniors

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 pm

The answer is no. As per the guidelines you will be evaluated on as per the rules when you got initial HSMP!
nshar1 wrote:I received my HSMP tier 1 extn today.Following are the timelines:

My photograph was 4 months old and it was there in passport on another country's visa. Realizing my mistake, I quickly resent photographs by special delivery. It seems this resent photograph did not reach my application - The new visa still has the old photograph.

I will have to apply for one more extn as there will be a shortfall of 7 days between ILR and this visa's expiry.(On the cover letter I had requested for 3 year 7 day extn instead of the usual 3 year extn. Didn't work !!)

The next extn will be a tier 1 extn. My question is do we need a post graduation for tier 1 extn?

Thanks,
NShar1

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks for the quick reply nksg!

In the approval letter, the case worker has mentioned
"you should familiarise yourself with the requirements for further leave to remain in this category.You should note that the requirements may be revised and such revisions may apply to migrants who already hold leave to remain in the category".

does this mean I will have to comply with the rules for tier 1? Is post graduation a requirement for tier 1 extn?

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi nshar1,

To the best of my knowledge i can say you are fine at the time of 2nd extn as you wont be needing masters degree... Still i would wait for more members to reply... just to boost the confidence,

Regards

nshar1 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply nksg!

"you should familiarise yourself with the requirements for further leave to remain in this category.You should note that the requirements may be revised and such revisions may apply to migrants who already hold leave to remain in the category".

does this mean I will have to comply with the rules for tier 1? Is post graduation a requirement for tier 1 extn?

YourContact
BANNED

Post by YourContact » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks,
NShar1
Hey NShar!

No, you don’t need a post graduation for the Tier 1 extension but you would need to still meet all the points required, based on earnings, age, bonus points etc.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:35 pm

I do not know where did you get the one month old photo concept.

The UKBA PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE says that : Photographs must also be a recent true likeness of the individual, taken within the last 6 months..

Please see following link:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... Photoguide

Thanks,
NShar1

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 pm

mvent00 wrote:I do not know where did you get the one month old photo concept.

The UKBA PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE says that : Photographs must also be a recent true likeness of the individual, taken within the last 6 months..

Thanks,
NShar1
Hi mvent00,

This is abt extension application in UK and this is the guidance for the photograph.. Its clearly mentioned that photograph must be taken within the last 1 month.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... pbs/193059

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 pm

oh, thank you. I did not know that.
ukjobaspirer wrote:
mvent00 wrote:I do not know where did you get the one month old photo concept.

Thanks,
NShar1
Hi mvent00,

This is abt extension application in UK and this is the guidance for the photograph.. Its clearly mentioned that photograph must be taken within the last 1 month.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... pbs/193059

gareth00
Newly Registered

Post by gareth00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Even though you LTR expires 7 days before your 5 years is up, I think you will still be able to apply for ILR, up to 28 days before your 5 year period is due. The letter with your extension should have said this LTR will be three years, or take you up to the period to qualify for ILR, whichever is greater. They can't expect everyone to be able to get a flight arriving on the exact day their visas commence.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 pm

gareth00 wrote:Even though you LTR expires 7 days before your 5 years is up, I think you will still be able to apply for ILR, up to 28 days before your 5 year period is due. The letter with your extension should have said this LTR will be three years, or take you up to the period to qualify for ILR, whichever is greater. They can't expect everyone to be able to get a flight arriving on the exact day their visas commence.
ILR/PR or whatever it will be called, can be applied for 28 days before completing 5 year stay in UK so you would not need a second extension as indicated above by gareth00
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

harshal.ninawe
Newly Registered

Post by harshal.ninawe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:06 am

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

Hi push_hsmp,

As the OP did not state when he entered the UK, we may not be able to ascertain if he has calculated the 28 days leaway before saying he needed 3 yrs and 7 days.

nshar1,

Can you post your inital date of entry to the UK? It is believed from your first post here that your visa was issued on 03-Oct-2007 valid for 2 years till 03-Oct-2009. However the main date for ILR calculation is the date you entered the UK.

If you entered the UK anytime on or before 30-Oct-2007, your 5 years ILR requirement is due by 30-Oct-2012, but you are able to apply for ILR 28 days before this day under current laws of today latest on 02-Oct-2012 making sure that your application reaches the Home Office definitely on 03-Oct-2012 (the day your visa expires).

Bottom line is that all these depends on the date of entry to the UK and current laws at the time of applying.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Well he said he will be short of 7 days for ILR on the current leave so I assumed that he entered 7 days after Tier-1 initial validity date.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:15 am

so it means 6 months in 5 years rule is that we can stay 7 months instead ? as last 28 days is one month ?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:16 am

nshar1 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply nksg!

hi Nshar1,

I didn't get these lines on my approval letter ? senior members can any one tell me WHY ???