ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query in the Previous Earnings : Holiday Pay + mismatch pays

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erpfresh

Query in the Previous Earnings : Holiday Pay + mismatch pays

Post by erpfresh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi all,

Hi I would appreciate if anyone can answer my questions

1) whether Holiday Pay and Overtime are counted towards your annual gross pay.
Tax has been deducted for the amount received , but it has been shown as deduction in the payslip as the amount was paid in advance , and the advance amount and net salary are both credited in bank statement on different dates ( holiday paid in mid of june month and salary credited at the end of the june month as usual )

2)Mismatch in Payslips and bank statements
For one of the months there is a 9 pence difference.
instead of xxxx.10 It was paid as xxxx.01

will that make any difference, if so can u please suggest me what to do.

Thanking you in Advance

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Query in the Previous Earnings : Holiday Pay + mismatch

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:54 pm

erpfresh wrote: 2)Mismatch in Payslips and bank statements
For one of the months there is a 9 pence difference.
instead of xxxx.10 It was paid as xxxx.01

will that make any difference, if so can u please suggest me what to do.

Thanking you in Advance
Check this.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi chetanojha,

I believe that discussion is about missing payslip , not my case is mismatch in Bank statement and payslip.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

erpfresh wrote:Hi chetanojha,

I believe that discussion is about missing payslip , not my case is mismatch in Bank statement and payslip.
There is a reply in that thread about mismatch amount in paylsip and bank statement.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:57 am

Hi All,

Just want to know whether Holiday Pay and Overtime are counted towards your annual gross pay.

Any suggestions please

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Well in the guidance notes it says:

If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax.

Considering this statement, since both holiday pay and overtime appear in your gross pay (i.e. taxable income) it will be counted towards your earnings as long as you have been paid for the holiday and overtime in the 12 month period you are providing evidence for.

Also, regarding the payslip and bank statement mismatch, it might be worth contacting your company's Payroll/Personnel department. Since I had the same issue I contacted our payroll team, and they issued me a letter stating my gross and net pay for the months I was providing bank statements. And according to the evidence requirements, a letter is as valid as payslips.[/i]

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi cheshiregoan,

Thanks for your reply.
I spoke to the person in the Payroll Department , he is trying to produce a new payslip , but unfortunately as the payroll is automated , he is unable to match the figures i.e, Gross pay , Deductions and Netpay to the exact amount credited in bank

He was asking if there is any other solution, I will ask him to give me a letter on Company's Letter Head , Sealed and Stamped.

Can you send me the format of the letter please.

Regarding the Holidays, they are paid in the 12 month period I am Claiming for, but actually Holidays are last year.., any way paydate is important I believe .Am I right, because tax is deducted the month I am claiming for.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Here you go mate. Please keep in mind that this needs to be on official letterhead of your company and it has to be dated after the period for which you are claiming the earnings.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/124/15625021.jpg

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Thank you so much cheshiregoan, I'm also planning to submit a letter for the mismatch of salary and thereby asking my Office to credit the remaining 9p, so that I can show that in my Bank Statement, so that payslip and bank statements match.