ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**REPLY FROM HOME OFFICE ABOUT EARLY HSMP EXTENSION** advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

**REPLY FROM HOME OFFICE ABOUT EARLY HSMP EXTENSION** advise

Post by nionlight » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:41 pm

dear all, i emailed HO about early extension and i asked them if i apply 2 months early, then what will be the duration of my visa. but they can not answer that question. experienced members and cosultants advise us clearly what is the rule actually? doest it depend on luck and discration of case worker? here is the reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry.
We recommend that you make an application for extension within 28 days of your visa expiring although there is no rule to prevent you applying earlier.

I am sorry we are unable to guarantee the duration of the leave to remain that will be issued to you by the case worker.
Yours faithfully,
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: **REPLY FROM HOME OFFICE ABOUT EARLY HSMP EXTENSION** ad

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 pm

nionlight wrote:dear all, i emailed HO about early extension and i asked them if i apply 2 months early, then what will be the duration of my visa. but they can not answer that question. experienced members and cosultants advise us clearly what is the rule actually? doest it depend on luck and discration of case worker? here is the reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,
We recommend that you make an application for extension within 28 days of your visa expiring although there is no rule to prevent you applying earlier.

I am sorry we are unable to guarantee the duration of the leave to remain that will be issued to you by the case worker.
Yours faithfully,
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.
Many people are applying early and getting extension as well. Just explain your reasons in your cover letter for applying early.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

Hello nionlight,

Sorry to say this but many people are mailing HO regarding this question and getting almost the same reply. But those who apply early are getting extension.

HO is changing rules very frequently and making them tough after every review, so What I mean to say is let us not ourself force HO(I Mean Give Chance) to make new rules by taking it to their notice .
Hope you understand what I mean.

mate this is my Personal feeling
Sorry if I hurt you by any means.

mano7878
Newly Registered
India

Post by mano7878 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 am

I have applied 50 days earlier 9 months ago before my visa expires. I have got visa extension from the visa expired date for Tier1 visa.

So It seems to be no problem applying earleir. But HO recommends to apply 28 days before the visa expired

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Here is the reply I received when I asked the same question:
Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Please be advised that we recommend that applicants submit an
application for an extension around 4 to 5 weeks before their visa
expires, however, this is not mandatory - applications can be submitted
at any time before the current leave expires. Extensions are granted in
addition to any extant leave, this ensures there is no 'shortfall' on
any future indefinite leave application.

As we cannot tell in advance how long it will take to decide particular
cases, our general advice is not to make any non-urgent travel
arrangements until your passport(s) or travel document(s) are returned.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
So please don't worry regarding the timing on your application. Also, as the email above explains, if your current visa is expiring on the 24th of August and if your application is successful, your new visa will start on the 25th of August.