ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sapphire1974

passport help needed

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Will appreciate if someone could reply? is it OK to submit passport that is expiring end of September' 09. for initial Tier 1 (G) application? this passport also has my EC on it....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: passport help needed

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:Will appreciate if someone could reply? is it OK to submit passport that is expiring end of September' 09. for initial Tier 1 (G) application? this passport also has my EC on it....
I think you can apply with this passport but what if your passport expire before caseworker made his decision?
Why don't you get it renewed so that you don't have to drag old passport (with visa stamp on it). Or you have to get visa transferred on your new passport which would cost you another over £150. Besides, it will only take 3-4 working days to renew or get new passpot (London high Comission).

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I have actually got my new passport today, but it doesnt have a EC on it; however it is mentioned in the new passport that old passport has valid visa.....I am happy to send both passports together...new and old which is yet to expire....

Now

In main applicant form - initial application (page 20); question D5 which is

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?

YES or NO? (if I am sending both passports together)

What should be the answer YES/NO?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:I have actually got my new passport today, but it doesnt have a EC on it; however it is mentioned in the new passport that old passport has valid visa.....I am happy to send both passports together...new and old which is yet to expire....

Now

In main applicant form - initial application (page 20); question D5 which is

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?

YES or NO? (if I am sending both passports together)

What should be the answer YES/NO?
I would say NO. Because none of your passport mention "leave unavailable". Although your old passport contain valid visa and new doesn't, it doesn't mention "leave unavailable". Remember you are sending both passport together and you passport also mention you have valid leave to remain which is stamped on your old passport.

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Many thanks...exactly this is the case what you have explained in your thread.....I am sure it should be NO; just wanted to get some expert opinion

ash786
BANNED

Re: passport help needed

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:19 am

Sapphire1974 wrote:Will appreciate if someone could reply? is it OK to submit passport that is expiring end of September' 09. for initial Tier 1 (G) application? this passport also has my EC on it....
1. Send both passports as the Ho will stamp the visa on the new passport and u wud also write details of the new passport in the "Current Passport" section.

2. Like everybody said " No " to question D5 as u r sending all of them.

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:53 am

@premkumar999; thanks that was helpful :)

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

If you have received a new passport, your old passport is automatically cancelled for obtaining fresh visas and travel.

Therefore, you should submit both old and new passports.