ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) as a partner waiting times

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patience7

FLR(M) as a partner waiting times

Post by patience7 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi

As a new member excuse if this has been posted already, but could anyone please tell me how long it has taken them or their parner to receive TEMPORARY (FLR(M) leave to remain as a partner of a uk citizen?

I am aware the Home Office waiting times are 6 months but my partner's application was submitted just coming upto 2 and a half years ago and we still have not been given a decision despite writing to them and asking for a time (which they basically gave the "back log of applications response"). I am a uk citizen and my husband is a non-eu/non eea national if that helps.

Basically if people could provide their own experiences in waiting times and any advice on how I could speed up their response.

Thanks

NOTE: I POSTED ANOTHER TOPIC WITH THIS SAME QUESTION BUT FOR ILR I GOT CONFUSED THINKING IT WAS FOR ILR BUT IT IS ACTUALLY FLR(M) THAT MY HUSBAND APPLIED FOR.

TYPICAL WAITING TIMES FOR THIS APPLICATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 am

I have been waiting for 9 months for mine, still waiting, when it comes to the home office waiting and patience is a virtue, get your MP invloved as 2 and half years seem a long time

good luck
zebra3