ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yr residence ILR application questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

notonebitsimpler
Newly Registered

10 yr residence ILR application questions

Post by notonebitsimpler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:40 am

Hi all,

I am about to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs of lawful and continuous residence. I found this website from a google search and have been reading through the related posts. Most of them are very helpful but I still have some questions specific to my application.

1. I am missing 3 entry stamps on my passport in 2000, 2001 and 2002 when I returned to the UK after spending summer holidays in my home country.

2. I went to Switzland in 2005 for a couple of days. The Swiss border control ( if any ) didnt stamp my passport upon my entry or exit but the UK IO stamped my passport when I got back so now I have an entry stamp in 2004 and another in 2005 with no stamps from any other country in between.

---- The above two questions are of the same sort. I am worried that these stamps ( the missing ones and the isolated one) would cause some trouble for my application. Besides these stamps my application should be quite straightforward. I ve asked in some forums and one immigration services solicitor's and most replies were quite positive stating that HO should have records of my entry or exit through UK border. What do you guys think? Do I need to ask HO for my SAR?

3. How long does a postal application normally take? I am a bit late on making an appointment now as I can make my application no sooner than 17th Aug and my current visa expires on 31st Oct. I ve phoned to make an appointment and was told there were no appointment slot available in all the PEOs. I need to get my ILR asap because my wife, who is currently a dependent on my visa, needs to apply for an extension again as a dependent. Should I just go for the postal application when the time comes or keep trying to make an appointment and in either case hope that I ll have my passport back with an ILR on it before early October?

4. If by any misfortune (or HO's dumbness) I havent got ILR before my current visa expires, what kind of extension should my wife apply for? I am planning to appeal or recruit help from a solicitor, is there a suitable leave for my wife in this reviewing/appealling stage?

That would be all my questions for now.

Sorry for the wall of words. Thanks a lot in advance. :D

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Why are you worried about stamps on entry/exit? As long as you can remember correct dates that should be fine just mention them on Absences section of ILR Set (0) form.

You need to make sure there are no gaps between your visas. You need SAR if you beleive application was submited on time but there is a gap then SAR will show when was the application actualy raised.

Postal application take longest under this category i would give 6 months minimum i have even seen people on this forum who have been waiting for 8-9 months and no response from HO yet.

If your passport shows no gaps in visa's then apply in person at PEO
Magsi

sashank

Post by sashank » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 pm

magsi23 wrote:Why are you worried about stamps on entry/exit? As long as you can remember correct dates that should be fine just mention them on Absences section of ILR Set (0) form.

You need to make sure there are no gaps between your visas. You need SAR if you beleive application was submited on time but there is a gap then SAR will show when was the application actualy raised.

Postal application take longest under this category i would give 6 months minimum i have even seen people on this forum who have been waiting for 8-9 months and no response from HO yet.

If your passport shows no gaps in visa's then apply in person at PEO
I received mine in 14 day though.

flo rida
Newly Registered

long residence ILR application 14 days

Post by flo rida » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 am

did you apply under the long residence category and got your ILR in 14 days? did you have any gaps in your visas, how many days' absence did you have? when did you apply? sorry for bombarding u with q's, it's just that i am also searching for help tips re: my own app. which has now been with UKBA for 6months and 11 days so far!!! they tell me the same thing over and over. application not yet completed, continue to wait, MP told the same info as well last week!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:31 pm

sashank wrote:
I received mine in 14 day though.

You are probably the luckiest person on the face of this planet
Magsi

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Nah definately 14 weeks or months. could be typo error.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

iceman010899 wrote:Nah definately 14 weeks or months. could be typo error.
It is NOT impossible! Some people have 'the luck of the Irish'.