ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCA - Oxford Brookes University

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabuki
United States of America

ACCA - Oxford Brookes University

Post by kabuki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

I'm and American currently living in Ireland and working towards the ACCA qualification. I would like to put a hold on the qualification and gain some work experience outside of auditing, which I hate. I will soon have all papers F1-F9 passed and be eligible to complete the project required for the BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University. I want to at least complete that as my first BA is in Literature.

As Oxford Brookes University is on the list of approved institutions for tier 4, if I complete the BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting through the ACCA in Ireland, will this qualification make me eligible for the Tier 1 (post-study work) visa?

Cheers.

ash786
BANNED

Re: ACCA - Oxford Brookes University

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 pm

kabuki wrote:I'm and American currently living in Ireland and working towards the ACCA qualification. I would like to put a hold on the qualification and gain some work experience outside of auditing, which I hate. I will soon have all papers F1-F9 passed and be eligible to complete the project required for the BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University. I want to at least complete that as my first BA is in Literature.

As Oxford Brookes University is on the list of approved institutions for tier 4, if I complete the BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting through the ACCA in Ireland, will this qualification make me eligible for the Tier 1 (post-study work) visa?

Cheers.
1. Bachelors, Masters and PHD are eligible for PSW
2. ACCA is not eligible for PSW
3. R u saying that cuz u had some of the ACCA qualification and can top up Bsc (Hons) degree on the basis of ACCA.
4. I wud highly recommend to use the PBC (Points Based Caclulator) on the UKBA web site and see if the PBC gives u score for the qualification and the english language.
5. If PBC recognise u university, qualification and gives u point for the english then u r good to go for PSW.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Oxford Brookes University and ACCA work together on the ACCA papers and once you pass the first 9 papers you can complete a project for the BSc Honours in Applied Accounting. You even go to the university in Oxford for graduation. Oxford Brookes employs those who write the exams and ensure that they meet the requirements necessary for a degree. I believe the degree is recognised in the UK as the university is on the list of acceptable schools. Everyone who enters into the ACCA program is automatically enrolled in the BSc program at Oxford Brookes University; however, you must complete the project in order to get the degree.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

PBC will be the best tool to clarify that.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

ash786 wrote:PBC will be the best tool to clarify that.
Sweet, thanks. They are on the list, so I should be good to go.

Cheers.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 pm

kabuki wrote:

Cheers.
So did u score points for qualification and english as well and if u did then u r fine.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 pm

ash786 wrote:
kabuki wrote:

Cheers.
So did u score points for qualification and english as well and if u did then u r fine.
I can confirm that this qualification is eligible for PSW. We have already got PSW for so many students on this qualification. And yes it scores all the points.

Ash786 every ACCA student is eligible for a B in applied accounting after passing first 9 papers. They have to submit a project of 15000 words to Oxford brookes university and will be awarded the degree. Then they can get PSW on this. Only 9 papers of ACCA itself is not eligible for PSW but if you clear all 14 papers of ACCA then ACCA becomes eligible for PSW.

Hope this helps
Cheres

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 pm

pure_soul wrote:
ash786 wrote:
kabuki wrote:

Cheers.
I can confirm that this qualification is eligible for PSW. We have already got PSW for so many students on this qualification. And yes it scores all the points.

Ash786 every ACCA student is eligible for a B in applied accounting after passing first 9 papers. They have to submit a project of 15000 words to Oxford brookes university and will be awarded the degree. Then they can get PSW on this. Only 9 papers of ACCA itself is not eligible for PSW but if you clear all 14 papers of ACCA then ACCA becomes eligible for PSW.

Hope this helps
Cheres
Thats really gud.

fahimkhan007
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fahimkhan007 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

pure_soul wrote:
ash786 wrote:
kabuki wrote:

Cheers.

Hope this helps
Cheres
Pure soul,

Could you pls tell me from where do I take the letter (which shows that I have studied in a UK instituition) from? Is it ACCA, OBU, or the college where I studied in?

Thanks a lot.