ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a student visa for a different course.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kazmi09
Newly Registered

Applying for a student visa for a different course.

Post by kazmi09 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:34 pm

i am on student visa in UK and my course end date is Nov 2009, i want to take admission in another course, do i have to go back to my country and apply for a new visa or can i extend my existing visa while living in UK, my existing visa is ending in Dec 2009?

ukvisa2004

Re: Applying for a student visa for a different course.

Post by ukvisa2004 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:22 pm

You can enrol on a new course and extend your visa provided that the new course does not start after 1 month from the expire date of your current visa.

I assume that your visa let say, expires on 30th December 2009. So if you course starts from 30th January or before that (This START date MUST be written on the VISA LETTER), you will be fine.

If your new course starts after 30th January 2010, you need to go back and apply.

kazmi09 wrote:i am on student visa in UK and my course end date is Nov 2009, i want to take admission in another course, do i have to go back to my country and apply for a new visa or can i extend my existing visa while living in UK, my existing visa is ending in Dec 2009?