ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help filling my Tier 1 Extension Application please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rudresh
Newly Registered

Help filling my Tier 1 Extension Application please

Post by Rudresh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi,

I got my initial HSMP under the old scheme (Sept 2007), my initial visa was valid for 2 years and my extension should be for 3 years ?? would Home office automatically recognise this and give me an approval for 3 years ? I have further questions about the application, somebody please help

I came to the UK initially on WP (from Sept 2005 to Sept 2007) and then switched to HSMP

Kindly guide me in what is to be filled for the below mentioned sections:?

B10. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):
- Do I fill up the HSMP Reference No + WP Reference number

B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
- Is this WP Reference number only?

B13. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):
- What is this ?

B27. Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list (if applicable):
- I am IT Analyst, should I choose "Science & Technology professionals" ?

C6. Should I be sending the passport along with the application form? is this not a two step process which I apply first and then send the passport out for stamping ?

C9. Current Identity card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) - What is this ? is this applicable to me ?

D. Immigration History
- I first came to the UK under WP, so should I mention details of where my WP was issued or my HSMP Details ?

D8 - There are asking for Ticket Reference number, I came to the UK 4 years ago, I do not have this information, what is it that I am supposed to do ?

S2. Please indicate the applicant’s method of verifying his/her qualification:
- I am an engineer from Bangalore University, I had my degree ratified by NARIC when I submitted my initial application, I still have that with me, so what option do i choose for question S2 ?

Are there any other special considerations that I need to take into account whilst filling up my application ? Thanks a lot for looking and I really appreciate your time.

Many Thanks in advance
Regards
Rudresh

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Help filling my Tier 1 Extension Application please

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Rudresh wrote:Hi,

I got my initial HSMP under the old scheme (Sept 2007), my initial visa was valid for 2 years and my extension should be for 3 years ?? would Home office automatically recognise this and give me an approval for 3 years ? I have further questions about the application, somebody please help

I came to the UK initially on WP (from Sept 2005 to Sept 2007) and then switched to HSMP

Kindly guide me in what is to be filled for the below mentioned sections:?

B10. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):
- Do I fill up the HSMP Reference No + WP Reference number HSMP ref. No.

B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
- Is this WP Reference number only? Yes if you have one. If not leave it blank

B13. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):
- What is this ? Not Applicable

B27. Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list (if applicable):
- I am IT Analyst, should I choose "Science & Technology professionals" ? Yes

C6. Should I be sending the passport along with the application form? is this not a two step process which I apply first and then send the passport out for stamping ?This is a single step process you will be sending passport along with the application.Refer to guidance notes.

C9. Current Identity card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) - What is this ? is this applicable to me ? Not Applicable

D. Immigration History
- I first came to the UK under WP, so should I mention details of where my WP was issued or my HSMP Details ?Yes

D8 - There are asking for Ticket Reference number, I came to the UK 4 years ago, I do not have this information, what is it that I am supposed to do ?Leave it Blank.

S2. Please indicate the applicant’s method of verifying his/her qualification:
- I am an engineer from Bangalore University, I had my degree ratified by NARIC when I submitted my initial application, I still have that with me, so what option do i choose for question S2 ?You might also have option of "Submitted in Initial Application." You can use NARIC too.

Are there any other special considerations that I need to take into account whilst filling up my application ? Thanks a lot for looking and I really appreciate your time.

Many Thanks in advance
Regards
Rudresh