ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required at Port of Entry in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gdesai786
Newly Registered

Post by gdesai786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:17 am

Hi,

I got my HSMP Tier 1 in March 2009:

Please let me know what all documents I need at airport/Port of Entry in UK.

Foll checklist:
1. Educational qualifications
2. Passport
3. Payslips
4. Bank statements - GBP 2800 for single for last 3 months.

I am confused about following:
I have applied in March 2009 and got a stamp in same month. I submitted payslips before March 2009. At the time of entering UK, do I need the current payslips (12 months back from today) or payslips of 12 months before March 2009.

Please add/delete any other document in above checklist if it is not complete.

Thanks in advance.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Documents required at Port of Entry in UK

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am

gdesai786 wrote:Hi,

Foll checklist:
2. Passport
3. Payslips

I have applied in March 2009 and got a stamp in same month. I submitted payslips before March 2009. At the time of entering UK, do I need the current payslips (12 months back from today) or payslips of 12 months before March 2009.

Thanks in advance.
There is no requirements like that but the passport with the visa.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 am

gdesai786 wrote:Hi,

Foll checklist:
2. Passport
3. Payslips

Thanks in advance.
  • Passport + valid visa.
  • Contact details of person you will be staying with. Generally not required for Tier-1(G) holders but good to have it handy.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:21 am

They usually want to know where will you stay in UK. There is no harm in carrying the documents you submitted at the time if approval.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:25 am

push_hsmp wrote:They usually want to know where will you stay in UK. There is no harm in carrying the documents you submitted at the time if approval.
Yeah. No harm in carry but they will not ask if you have those documents or not. However, you will need to carry Chest X-Ray at the time of arrival...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:28 am

AkashS wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:They usually want to know where will you stay in UK. There is no harm in carrying the documents you submitted at the time if approval.
Yeah. No harm in carry but they will not ask if you have those documents or not. However, you will need to carry Chest X-Ray at the time of arrival...
pls correct it as:
Akash meant Medical Report (with x-ray) for the TB test..

gdesai786
Newly Registered

Post by gdesai786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks for details.

Just summarizing:

I need following at UK port of entry:
1. Passport with valid Tier 1 visa
2. Initial hotel stay address
3. Medical report with X-Ray

Do you have a specific link/info that indicates which medical test they are looking out for? I need this info so that I can provide the same details to the doctor for test.

If I have missed anything on above list please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm

gdesai786 wrote:Thanks for details.

Just summarizing:

I need following at UK port of entry:
1. Passport with valid Tier 1 visa
2. Initial hotel stay address
3. Medical report with X-Ray

Do you have a specific link/info that indicates which medical test they are looking out for? I need this info so that I can provide the same details to the doctor for test.

If I have missed anything on above list please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Tuberculosis (TB)

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

gdesai786 wrote: Do you have a specific link/info that indicates which medical test they are looking out for? I need this info so that I can provide the same details to the doctor for test.
You don't need to have any test or test report. Only chest x-ray is good to have. Even if you don't bring chest x-ray, it will be done while immigration. sometime it takes time, some time don't.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Carrying a chest x-ray report is usually helpful in reducing the time you spend at the immigration counter. You are not required to carry any other medical reports unless you suffer from some ailment and want to show it to your Doc here for continuing your treatment.
regards,
push

pranavb
Newly Registered

Documents at PoE

Post by pranavb » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information. Just to cross check my list, we need to carry following;
- valid passport with valid Visa
- Chest x-ray with doctor's certificate.
- Additionally I can carry the butch of documents which i submitted during Visa approval process.

thats it. (I guess),
One more thing I would like to know is, this chest x-ray, we can take out from any radiologist or is there any specific panel of doctor's appointed for this? also I have taken x-ray on 31st aug, and planning to come on 18th sept. to will immigration officer accept this x-ray?
I will be grateful if anyone of u give the format of doctor's certificate so that i can get it done from my doctor.

cheers,

Pranav

hsmp_1476

Re: Documents at PoE

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:41 pm

pranavb wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information. Just to cross check my list, we need to carry following;
- Additionally I can carry the butch of documents which i submitted during Visa approval process.

thats it. (I guess),
One more thing I would like to know is, this chest x-ray, we can take out from any radiologist or is there any specific panel of doctor's appointed for this? also I have taken x-ray on 31st aug, and planning to come on 18th sept. to will immigration officer accept this x-ray?
I will be grateful if anyone of u give the format of doctor's certificate so that i can get it done from my doctor.

cheers,

Pranav
You can take the chest x ray from any radiologist + a report stating that it is normal and you dont have TB. Dont worry about the format too much, ,just tell the doctor to use whatever format they have.

Infact when I travelled for the frist time, I had spent atleast 2 hours to get the xray in India (travel to and from hospital + wait time there) and I eneded up keeping that in checkin luggage. Luckily, there was not much queue at heathrow that day, so new xray was done at the airport in just 15 mins.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:48 pm

pranavb wrote:Hi Guys,

thats it. (I guess),

cheers,

Pranav
Any radiologist will do. You do not need to carry the actual x-ray. Its the report thats required (if at all). Tell the radiologist that you need a chest skiagram
regards,
push

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:53 pm

based on my experience and from what my friends have said, x-ray report is the main thing.. most of the times they don't check the x-ray, but its better to have it in your hand to give them just in case they ask.

pranavb
Newly Registered

Post by pranavb » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:53 am

What is akiagram? is it not same as x-ray?
Also I have taken x-ray and report from doctor on 31st Aug, however I would be traveling on 19th Sept. so should I take new x-ray and report from doctor may be on 16th /17th?

Cheers

Pranava

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

pranavb wrote:What is akiagram? is it not same as x-ray?
Also I have taken x-ray and report from doctor on 31st Aug, however I would be traveling on 19th Sept. so should I take new x-ray and report from doctor may be on 16th /17th?

Cheers

Pranava
Yes skiagram is the technical term for X-ray (which is the ray used to create a skiagram). Anyways, your report dated 19th Sept is fine. X-rays are known to cause mutation in cells/ trigger cancer and no one should expect a person to keep himself exposing frequently to these rays.
regards,
push

pranavb
Newly Registered

Post by pranavb » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks mate,
actually I was prepared to take another copy of x-ray on 17th Sept. 09 or on 18th Sept. 09. However now I will show the report which I had taken on 31st Aug. 09, along with Doctors report for the same.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,

Pranav