ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canadian skilled worker

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali_bolbol20

canadian skilled worker

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 am

Hi guys
Im currently in uk ( on student visa) and about to switch to PSW after 8 years …

Im slightly worried about the refusal .. and therefore thinking of securing Canadian skilled worker visa prior to submissions of the PSW application.

I want to know whether it really takes between 6 to 40 month for the Canadian skilled worker visa to be processed ?

I also need some advice on whether having such visa could have an impact on my PSW application.
Thanks for reading.

ash786
BANNED

Re: canadian skilled worker

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:42 pm

ali_bolbol20 wrote:Hi guys
Im currently in uk ( on student visa) and about to switch to PSW after 8 years …

Im slightly worried about the refusal .. and therefore thinking of securing Canadian skilled worker visa prior to submissions of the PSW application.

I want to know whether it really takes between 6 to 40 month for the Canadian skilled worker visa to be processed ?

I also need some advice on whether having such visa could have an impact on my PSW application.
Thanks for reading.
1. If u provide all the required documents then i do not understand that why u visa wud de refused.
2. I have also inquired about the canadian skilled worker and yes it takes even longer than wat u said.
3. Having a different country visa wud not make any difference on PSW.
4. I had schengen visa, canadian visit visa, USA visa and got PSW without any problems.
5. U only need to worry if u do not declare the correct information on the form (Breaking u visa conditions, CCJs, Traffic offences etc)

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Ash thanks for the reply.

In theory I shouldn’t fail, but the risk and fear of failure is always there which is quite scary..

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

it takes time

Post by Shamim_from_london » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 pm

canadian federal skilled worker category takes long time to be processed.better to try provincial nominee program if u have connection to that province.I am on PSW now and my canadian PR visa processing almost done under that category.just did medical exam last month.hope this info will assist u

ab041937
Newly Registered

Re: canadian skilled worker

Post by ab041937 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:07 pm

ash786 wrote:5. U only need to worry if u do not declare the correct information on the form (Breaking u visa conditions, CCJs, Traffic offences etc)
What is a CCJ?

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

does anyone know the average processing time for australia ?

Thanks