ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea1 successful no mention of eea2 after joint application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

george21
Newly Registered

eea1 successful no mention of eea2 after joint application

Post by george21 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 am

after submitting a joint eea1 and eea2 application with my husband, the homeoffice has just issued my husband with his registration certificate but there was no mention of the eea2 application. does that mean our applications have been seperated, is this a good sign or bad sign. I am very worried as our application was sent after my visa had expired. is anyone in the same situation or experience the same, pls reply

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:58 am

When did you submit your application. According to HO, EEA2/4 take an average of 8 months, but you can be for a much longer wait.

Cheers. Eric

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: eea1 successful no mention of eea2 after joint applicati

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

george21 wrote:after submitting a joint eea1 and eea2 application with my husband, the homeoffice has just issued my husband with his registration certificate but there was no mention of the eea2 application. does that mean our applications have been seperated, is this a good sign or bad sign. I am very worried as our application was sent after my visa had expired. is anyone in the same situation or experience the same, pls reply
They used to 'fast track' joint EEA1 and EEA2 applications until some time last year. But since moving the EEA department from Croydon to Liverpool, that is no longer the case, and that particular 'loophole' has now been closed.
These days, applying together makes no difference for the EEA2 applicant. They will process the EEA1, but the EEA2 will join the queue with the rest.
Ofcourse sometimes you may be lucky and have it processed quickly, but it's unlikely.
Just start complaining now! (ie. by sending emails to the NWCSU dept, your EU partner's SOLVIT, your local MP, etc..)
As long as your application is in process, your visa having expired is not a problem. You have the right to be in the UK on the basis of your marriage to your EU partner. The EEA2 Residence Card just confirms this right. It does not grant it.

mourad

Post by mourad » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

george21 wrote:after submitting a joint eea1 and eea2 application with my husband, the homeoffice has just issued my husband with his registration certificate but there was no mention of the eea2 application. does that mean our applications have been seperated, is this a good sign or bad sign. I am very worried as our application was sent after my visa had expired. is anyone in the same situation or experience the same, pls reply
hi did you hear anything from the UKBA regarding your application?
if you have applied after june 2009 you will be one of the lucky ones as you will read on some of the threads on this site these chosen ones are getting their docs completed with a congrats letter in a matter of days or weeks .the range is between 11 days and 3 months max good luck.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 am

mourad wrote:
hi did you hear anything from the UKBA regarding your application?
if you have applied after june 2009 you will be one of the lucky ones as you will read on some of the threads on this site these chosen ones are getting their docs completed with a congrats letter in a matter of days or weeks .the range is between 11 days and 3 months max good luck.
FYI - Mourad. Refer to the last post on the following link. :)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#285992

mourad

eea2

Post by mourad » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

thanks roz i missed that one and lower goes my spirits