ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.K Visit / Tourist Visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amreenmalik

U.K Visit / Tourist Visa.

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 am

Hi everybody,
I am an Indian national on work permit. My parents have already been here once for visiting by obtaining thier visas from India. But now they are living in Kuwait. I want to bring them again to visit U.K. My query is, where do they apply for tourist / visit visa? Should they go back all the way to India to obtain a U.K visit visa or can they apply at the British Embassy in Kuwait. Please advice.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 am

If they are lawfully resident in Kuwait they can apply at the British Embassy there.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:58 am

UKBAbble wrote:If they are lawfully resident in Kuwait they can apply at the British Embassy there.
Agree with UKBabble! Visit visas should normally be applied for from your country of residence, and not necessarily your country of origin. So if they are legally residing in Kuwait at the moment, then they are free to apply from the British consulate in that country.
Last edited by Rozen on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:14 am

Thats great. So they can save thier trip back to India.
Thanks UKBAbble and Rozen.