ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Again Bank Statement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Again Bank Statement

Post by houman1979 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Dear All,

I am from Iran and Iranian banks dont put their logo on the top of their statement (at least my banks dont do that). They only give a document which shows the balance on a specific date which is not acceptable for British Embassy. But they stamp every page of statment which is printed on plain paper. Then do you think that it is sufficient?

2-In addition, my accounts are in Iranian Rials. In tier 4 guidance it is mentioned that

"If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (write on the document) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official exchange rate on the OANDA website"

What does it mean? I should convert at write the balance with pen on the statement? My bank can only give statement in Rial.

Thank you in advance.

hanna

OANDA

Post by hanna » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi,I can only say regarding OANDA.What I did was took a bank statements and then calculated how much it would be in pounds and made a print out from the internet I mean from the OANDA website,but you can also write on the paper.

ukvisa2004

Re: Again Bank Statement

Post by ukvisa2004 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 pm

This bank of yours is no use to you. Is it not possible to open a new account in reputable bank?. FYI, until 30th September you only need to show money in your account on that day.

All this should not take you more than 10 days.

"Bank Statements printed on Plain Paper" will definitely not help. Anyone can do that, isnt it? Ask yourself the question.

and yes, you need to convert foreign currency to pounds using www.oanda.com/convert/classic and write on the bank statements.

houman1979 wrote:Dear All,

I am from Iran and Iranian banks dont put their logo on the top of their statement (at least my banks dont do that). They only give a document which shows the balance on a specific date which is not acceptable for British Embassy. But they stamp every page of statment which is printed on plain paper. Then do you think that it is sufficient?

2-In addition, my accounts are in Iranian Rials. In tier 4 guidance it is mentioned that

"If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (write on the document) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official exchange rate on the OANDA website"

What does it mean? I should convert at write the balance with pen on the statement? My bank can only give statement in Rial.

Thank you in advance.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank you,

In iran most of the bank are like this and they dont give statement with logo on paper. I called HO (0870 606 7766) and she told me that if the stamp shows bank logo it is acceptable.

By the way, she told me that you have the money on that. My statement is for 9th Aug (10 days before application and not older than a month). Then, I am still confused that why they say on the day of application? It is impossible to get a bank statement for the day of application.

In addition, about OANDA, which date should I use for convert? Date of application? It means that I should convert just before application and then write it on the statement?

Thank you

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:09 pm

First of all, dont believe what anyone says on the phone. Until and unless its in writing dont believe. Secondly, if you cannot, just submit with the stamp of the bank (assuming you dont have other option, that I suggested)

Its fine for you to submit the bank statements you mention. In UK, it takes 5 working days to receive bank statements. So its absolutely fine.

You convert the foreign currency and write on the date you apply. If you have exact amount that is required, they may check for actual fluctuation, but if its more than you are fine.

houman1979 wrote:Thank you,

In iran most of the bank are like this and they dont give statement with logo on paper. I called HO (0870 606 7766) and she told me that if the stamp shows bank logo it is acceptable.

By the way, she told me that you have the money on that. My statement is for 9th Aug (10 days before application and not older than a month). Then, I am still confused that why they say on the day of application? It is impossible to get a bank statement for the day of application.

In addition, about OANDA, which date should I use for convert? Date of application? It means that I should convert just before application and then write it on the statement?

Thank you