ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation time limit 3yrs as a spouse-please Response.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ryze
Newly Registered

Naturalisation time limit 3yrs as a spouse-please Response.

Post by ryze » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am

Hello!! again to all.i was not sure how to calculate my three years qualifying period to apply for british naturalisation.

1.I arrived to UK on 28 March 2007 on Visa Marriage/Civil partner(Fiancee visa).Then Registered the marriage on 24 April 2007.
2.Applied for spouse visa on the 10/09/2007,then Got my settlement ILR on August 2009.

i am confused from which day i should count my begining date of qualifying period for the British Naturalisation:
is it from
28 March 2007 (Date of Arrival as Fiance to marry) or
24 April 2007 (Date of marriage Registeration) or
10/9/2007 (Date of Spouse visa i.e 2 years visa given).or is it must to stay in ILR for one year before i apply for naturalisation,
Could anyone of you good talented poeple can give me a explanation to me please!!!.when i should be counting from.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 am

The Start of the residential qualifying period depends on the date that they receive the application, calculated backwards. See also Intriguing Naturalisation Question.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ryze
Newly Registered

Post by ryze » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Vinny,
so shall count backwards,
from 28 march 2010 or
24 april 2010
or 10 sep 2010
because i wanted to know the first i arrvied to uk as a fiance will this qualify me to count the 3yrs