ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benefits ( what do i claim?)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tinaxtina
Newly Registered

benefits ( what do i claim?)

Post by tinaxtina » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 pm

hi i have been looking for hours for any topic like my question but cant find one, hope i can post here, i am on income support, with a disabled child,my partner arrived here in febuary on a spousal visa, im his sponce,my son is his 2nd sponcer he is not mentioned on his visa in his passport, i informed the benefit office of his coming and that he has no resorces to public funds. he stayed with me for 4 months searching for work but couldnt get so much as a interview, he then moved out and got work elsewhere part time, and visited once a week on his days off, now he has been offered a job here, part time but this is where im not confused, he has been told that as he will be part time ( 16 hours) that i can stay on income support, is this correct? i thought we would have to claim working tax credit,with him working, if he is correct and i can stay on income support will this effect his remain to stay application? im worried and confused and dont know how all this will effect my benefits and his remain to stay :?i went to citizens advice burea to ask, but they were no help really, the man just kept refering to him being under immigration control, i asked what this ment and he said he didnt understand either, leaving me very confused all the more, can anyone help me please ....so confused to where i stand now :?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:09 pm

You can claim tax credit in both of your names and that will not affect his application for spousal visa or ILR, when the time reaches.

Also you can continue claiming income support, as long as his presence does not lead to you having to claim additional benefits other than the one i mentioned above.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors