ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brit on Full bens with baby needs advise for spouse visa app

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Brit on Full bens with baby needs advise for spouse visa app

Post by sundaygirl24 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am 29 years old and have just given birth to my first and only child to my Egyptian Husband. We wish for him to come to live and stay and work in the UK permenatly but I am very confused with the rules on Benefits.

I am currently in receipt of full benefits and live in a housing association property which is paid for by Housing Benefit.
I have been given conflicting information as to wether or not we can get around the "public funds" restriction, but I dont know how.

Firstly, I have been told that our application to bring him to the UK will be refused due to me and my child being on benefits (public funds) but have read that each case is assessed individually and we could get away with it but how?

Secondly, I have been told I should have 3 months bank statements and also told six months! Which is it?

Also been told that even if I can manage to get a job and cover all my own bills that because I live in a one bedroom housing association property it will class as overcrowding on the app and they could turn us down on this! Is that true?

Does anyone have ANY advice on these matters?

My husband has some savings to help with the initial transition once he arrives and intends to work asap and we dont want to take money from benefits, The whole idea of him coming to live here is to help me with our child and earn money to enable us to come OFF benefits! surely the government would prefer this?

Please, please any advise would be greatly appreciated! Im desperate!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 am

If you will not be claiming any extra for him, then he should be okay.

See also Benefits : affecting ILR?

Guidance on Accommodation Overcrowding.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Post by sundaygirl24 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 am

Thank you so much.
I have been researching the web and apparently that as long as my benefits do not increase due to him coming, or that he does not recieve benefits it should be fine. I am however confused as to how to explain how he will be supported financially from the period between his arrival in the UK to the day he starts work and earning especially as he will be living with me and our son and we recieve full bens including hgousing and council tax benefits?

With regards to overcrowding, each person over the age of 1 years old qualifies as 1 point (per person), each 1 point needs one bedroom unless there are two living as a couple (married or otherwise) and at the moment this will be ok as my son is 3 months old but them problem lies in that we cannot be sure that we can complete the process and get the funds together in time (about 8 months) so the dilema is what can we do once my child is 1 year old and we will be classed as overcrowded? I am in a housing association property and am on the list to upgrade to a two bed but have been informed that this could take 4 years!
Any advice?