ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application with Homeoffice for 1 1/2 years and no resp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaktidaniel
Newly Registered

ILR application with Homeoffice for 1 1/2 years and no resp

Post by shaktidaniel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi,
I submitted my ILR application last march 2008 and the application is still with Home office with status 'Awaiting Conisderation'. I contacted my local MP and she'd written to home office requesting faster processing. but home office have replied back saying that the application is under active consideration. But it's been 18 months(1 1/2 years) and I am not able to travel or find another job when my current contract will come to an end.
Is there any way to get home office process the application faster without having to withdraw the application? I might need to travel to my country soon as it's been a long time.

Has any one been in this situation before? Can someone please advice me?

Thanks.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 pm

On what basis did you apply?
Magsi

shaktidaniel
Newly Registered

Post by shaktidaniel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:21 pm

I applied for ILR on he basis of having a continuous work permit for 5 yrs. I initially applied for it in 2007, but it was rejected as they said that i have gaps in work permit which is wrong. But i couldn't go for an appeal as i had a valid work permit.
So i applied again in March 2008 and it's been with them since.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, I don't know why it is taking too long for you. I had the same situation as you. I applied ILR in July 2007 as 5 yr WP holder and got the approval october 2007. Then applied for naturalization October 2008 and got approved Dec 2008. So something must be wrong inbetween your application. They might be trying to authenticate all your declaration, and that authentication is taking time to respond, hence the waiting.