ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanned letter with digital sinature..Are they good enough?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Scanned letter with digital sinature..Are they good enough?

Post by anishpadela » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Guys,

My company issues letters which can be used to prove residence address, employment verification and apply visa but all theese letters are issued as PDF documents which have company logo, details, name of the person and his digital signature with company address....are these letters are 'good enough when we apply for dependant's visa in India...do they consider them as original or copy....

Does anyone has experience of any such letters with BHC?

Rgds
Anis

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Scanned letter with digital sinature..Are they good enou

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 am

anishpadela wrote:Guys,

My company issues letters which can be used to prove residence address, employment verification and apply visa but all theese letters are issued as PDF documents which have company logo, details, name of the person and his digital signature with company address....are these letters are 'good enough when we apply for dependant's visa in India...do they consider them as original or copy....

Rgds
Anis
for dependent visa, I don't think it should be a problem as far as the print is clear and not distorted. Atleast should look original :-). As long as documents can be verified by your employer, I think it should be fine.
For my dependent's visa, I used fax copy of employment letter but that was long ago.

anishpadela

Re: Scanned letter with digital sinature..Are they good enou

Post by anishpadela » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm

chetanojha wrote:
anishpadela wrote:Guys,

Rgds
Anis
for dependent visa, I don't think it should be a problem as far as the print is clear and not distorted. Atleast should look original :-). As long as documents can be verified by your employer, I think it should be fine.
For my dependent's visa, I used fax copy of employment letter but that was long ago.

Chetan...

These letters looks as original if we take print in colour on good quality paper as they have color logo, person name whose sign is there with designation and complete address with email and other stuff like phone no. but BHC, India may not be used to such letters so I am asking my company to put stamp and sign on these letters to give perfect look....but overall they can well be used....

Just wanted to know that such letters do work with BHC, India and has worked in past as well...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:22 pm

(1) Most of these documents are not absolutely necessary
(2) Scanned copies/ photocopies are not accepted by BHC/UKBA
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:55 pm

push_hsmp wrote:(1) Most of these documents are not absolutely necessary
Yes they are not necessary but I was thinking more from their scanned perspective as what will be the impact...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:23 pm

anishpadela wrote:
Yes they are not necessary but I was thinking more from their scanned perspective as what will be the impact...
That is the whole point of the technology so it can be used as an original

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:17 pm

republique wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
That is the whole point of the technology so it can be used as an original
The problem is, certain unscrupulous people use the same technology to create forged documents. I think HO therefore requires Applicants to submit Original Documents only. See para 13 on page 6 of the Guidance note for Tier 1 (main applicant) guidance.
13.Any documentary evidence that the applicant provides must be the original (not a copy) unless we say otherwise.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 pm

anishpadela wrote:
I said most are not. See Sec of the PBS Dependant application form however.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer