ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time taken after passport call-in letter?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

INSATT
Newly Registered

Time taken after passport call-in letter?

Post by INSATT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm

I recieved the call in letter on Monday the 3rd of August and sent my passport the same day. Does anyone know how long they take to stamp and return the passport??
Having waited for 7 months, I've finally run out of patience!!

Regards

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

You are lucky to have received the call in letter. It means your visa is not too far away now. But you may still be required to wait for another 2-7 weeks to get your passport back.

The only thing that can reasure you is that your visa would be valid for 2 years since the date of issue. So, the longer you wait for implementation, the longer your visa would be valid for. I have got the same problem as you, and this is the only thing I can think of in order to stay positive.

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:31 am

Takes about 3 weeks, if you check up on it.

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Re: Time taken after passport call-in letter?

Post by sandeep123 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Insatt,

I got my call in letter today. I am just confuse about on which address to send the passport. s it the the one mentioned at the top of the letter.

Secondly they asked me for just passport no photo, no other document.

What documents we should send along with passport.

Please suggest.

Looking for your help.

Many Thanks
Sandeep

INSATT wrote:I recieved the call in letter on Monday the 3rd of August and sent my passport the same day. Does anyone know how long they take to stamp and return the passport??
Having waited for 7 months, I've finally run out of patience!!

Regards

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi Sandeep,

Did you do anything to speed up the process? Did you ask your solicitor or MP to help at all? Please share your experience.

I believe you need to send your passport to AIU based in Leeds, the address should be on a top of the letter.