ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - 16 months wait

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

EEA2 - 16 months wait

Post by elevendi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 pm

16 months since i have applied for EEA2

.been in uk since 2001
.applied through solicitor
.contacted MP
.married in registry office
.have kids

is there anything i can do that might help me!!! any advise is appreciated except (((be passionate and wait ))) because i believe i have excessively used this one!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:12 am

See also EE2 wait.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 - 16 months wait

Post by Rozen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:32 am

elevendi wrote:16 months since i have applied for EEA2

.been in uk since 2001
.applied through solicitor
.contacted MP
.married in registry office
.have kids

is there anything i can do that might help me!!! any advise is appreciated except (((be passionate and wait ))) because i believe i have excessively used this one!
16 months is way too long! Have you got any updates from your solicitor as to what efforts they are making in trying to resolve the issue with UKBA? For example, have they been sending letters/emails to UKBA urging them to deal with your case as it's taking such a ridiculously long time? Don't just sit back and put all your faith in solicitors. Sometimes you need to be pro-active! Email NWCSU and ask them what is going on. Contact your EU partner's SOLVIT! Complain! Complain! Complain! Don't give up! Keep on pushing for your case, otherwise before you know it, 24 months will have gone by! Hopefully, you'll get some ideas from Vinny's link. All the best!

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am

hi

thanks a lot for your replies Rozen & Vinny

2 letter from our solicitor to UKBA urging them to deal with our case, first letter received a standard reply... basically they only knowledged and located our file!

the second letter went without reply, almost 2 months ago now

filled the form from SOLVIT website on Thursday, received reply Friday asking additional information (copy of resident card, payslips...ext.) which i've sent today

next i guess i am going to try call this number 01612611117 and send an email to NWCSU

going to update this post if there's any positive response!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 am

elevendi wrote: filled the form from SOLVIT website on Thursday, received reply Friday asking additional information (copy of resident card, payslips...ext.)
SOLVIT asked for this evidence? Sorry, I'm a little bit confused about your application. Is it EEA2 or EEA4? How can you supply a copy of your residence card, if that's what you're applying for in the first place? Fink I've got my wires crossed somewhere! :?
As for emailing NWCSU, from my own personal experience, I found them to be quite helpful; and they promptly answered my emails (even if it was to give me the silliest of excuses sometimes. But at least they replied!) Though in the end, it was The Netherlands SOLVIT that clinched it for me.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:39 am

elevendi, have you suffered economically because of a delay greater than 6 months? Possible loss of earnings, because of inability to prove you have the right to work in the UK? Extra solicitor's fees, because they need to chase your application?

Do make it clear to UKBA that you will be seeking financial recompense from them, because of their breach of the terms of the EU Directive.
John

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 pm

@Rozen

the application is EEA2, copy of Resident card i've sent to SOLVIT was my wife's

i have also sent an email to nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday, still waiting a reply

@John

yes, you can say i have suffered, 16 months and yet not sure how long more this is going to take...