ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP to Tier1 and ILR query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpleo

WP to HSMP to Tier1 and ILR query

Post by wpleo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Hello guys

Just needed some advice with regard to when i will be able to apply for ILR as i am slightly confused with all the rules changing etc.

My situation as follows:

1. WP in Feb06.

2. Initial HSMP approved Oct06 under old rules (65 points) and stamp in Dec06 for 2 years.

3. Extension under HSMP JR to Tier 1 for 3 years until Dec11

I read there was recent JR which lets those on HSMP before and until April06 apply for ILR in 4 years, but how does that apply to those who were on WP then, does this apply in this case(my case) or is it still 5 year wait which means i wont be due until Feb11.

Thanks for your help.

nksg

Re: WP to HSMP to Tier1 and ILR query

Post by nksg » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 am

Unfortunately since your HSMP approval letter was issued after April 06 you are not covered under 4 years JR.

Thats an irony that this JR does not cover any one who was in country on any other eligible status (i.e WP) before April 06 and later moved to HSMP.
wpleo wrote:Hello guys

Just needed some advice with regard to when i will be able to apply for ILR as i am slightly confused with all the rules changing etc.

My situation as follows:

1. WP in Feb06.

2. Initial HSMP approved Oct06 under old rules (65 points) and stamp in Dec06 for 2 years.

3. Extension under HSMP JR to Tier 1 for 3 years until Dec11

I read there was recent JR which lets those on HSMP before and until April06 apply for ILR in 4 years, but how does that apply to those who were on WP then, does this apply in this case(my case) or is it still 5 year wait which means i wont be due until Feb11.

Thanks for your help.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks nksg for your reply

Its a pity really and may i say little annoying as well, as i was eligible for HSMP before April06 but my employer then had already got WP for me so i didnt apply for HSMP(and even though i got on HSMP later under 65 points criteria but still the JR doesnt cover this), who would have known, now in a hindsight i must say its a big regret. I guess many fellows here who are in the same situation have similar feeling and i must say its frustrating, and somehow i fail to understand the logic behind all these JRs.

Anyway i guess we all need to be more patient and hope for the best.