ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for questions/input/content

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stu.McEwing
Newly Registered

Request for questions/input/content

Post by Stu.McEwing » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi, I'm putting together a section on my website that will give support and details to prospective US immigrants. I would love to include information that people will actually find relevant and that is where this thread comes in. I would love for people to give me some input/content ideas etc.

Now let me give you the reason why I am doing this. I am, finally, a US green card holder. I met an American girl whilst on holiday in Canada in 2002, finally getting together with her in 2005 and getting engaged in 2007. We went the K1 route and got married in March 2008 (that is a story on it's own, my K1 took almost a year!) After getting married we did the status adjustment, and a finally received my green card in January 2009 (that's another story)

I intend to do a log on the whole visa process, but if there is anything else people would like to see let me know.

Also as part of the project I am doing a daily blog detailing actual immigrant life in NYC. I've been here almost a year and a half and in this somewhat chilly economy I am still looking for a job. I figured that the daily videos would give people a real look at how life is for an immigrant who is struggling to get work.

Let me know what you think overall, the website is found at http://www.nyc365.info I would love feedback from people actually in the position of applying, or thinking of applying.

I am sorry also if this breaks any rules regarding website promotion. However this is not a business I am promoting, just a personal project hoping to enlighten a few people to the realities of moving over to the US. If that is the case and it does break rules then then I will remove the URL, please do not delete the thread however as I would like to get an questions people might have.

altec01
Newly Registered

Post by altec01 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Perhaps you can start with questions which were not answered on this forum. Try to provide answers to those questions, since I assume any question regarding visas, is very important to the person asking it.

I assume some questions will never get answered. Perhaps you can do something to help.