ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - going to Sheffield

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Milo Tier 1
Newly Registered

Urgent - going to Sheffield

Post by Milo Tier 1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 am

I have applied for an extention of my visa and recieved a confirmation letter on 04/08/09. I have still not recieved my documents back and calling Home Office did not help either as they refuse to provide any information on status of my application.

I urgently need to travel at the beginning of next week and was wondering if anyone here has been to Sheffield Home Office in person and would going there help get my passport back?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent - going to Sheffield

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am

Milo Tier 1 wrote:I have applied for an extention of my visa and recieved a confirmation letter on 04/08/09. I have still not recieved my documents back and calling Home Office did not help either as they refuse to provide any information on status of my application.

I urgently need to travel at the beginning of next week and was wondering if anyone here has been to Sheffield Home Office in person and would going there help get my passport back?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Which confirmation letter have your received? Is it Extension approval confirmation or acknowledgement of your application?

Milo Tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by Milo Tier 1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:00 am

Hi chetanojha,

I recieved letter acknowledging the receipt of my application.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:11 am

Milo Tier 1 wrote:Hi chetanojha,

I recieved letter acknowledging the receipt of my application.
You only received acknowledgment letter after you apply. You will get all your document+passport after decision is made. You will be able to check status on the same only after 6 weeks.

Don;t think going to sheffield HO will help in anyway.

Milo Tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by Milo Tier 1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I have applied more than 3 weeks ago, was told by the home office that they can provide info only after 14 weeks have passed (and the application is still outstanding at that point).

Since I urgently need to travel, I would just like to find out if there is any way of getting my passport back so that i can exit UK.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Milo Tier 1 wrote:I have applied more than 3 weeks ago, was told by the home office that they can provide info only after 14 weeks have passed (and the application is still outstanding at that point).

Since I urgently need to travel, I would just like to find out if there is any way of getting my passport back so that i can exit UK.
You only get status of your Tier-1 application after 6 weeks.In the meantime if you want to travel or accelerate your application, you can apply for Urgent Treatment of your application or you can withdraw your application(no refund) and re-apply after you come back to UK.

Better option is to apply for Urgent Treatment.

Milo Tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by Milo Tier 1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Could you please tell me how can that be done? Do you know how long the process takes if it has been accepted? thanks

also, i have been told by solicitor when applying that processing times were under 2.5 weeks ( i am moving form HSMP which is expiring to Tier 1)

very confused

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:29 pm

They do not have any means to track postal applications if the applicant turns up in person at the Sheffied office.

There used to be a facility sometime ago for submitting an Urgent Treatment Request giving valid reasons for quick treatment of the application i.e., need to travel along with copies of tickets/itineraries.

If the above facility is still availble, then it will be worth giving it a shot.

Mods/Seniors - your advise?
Regards,
crowbar6