ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit transfer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uca
Newly Registered

Work permit transfer

Post by uca » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi,

I have been on workpermit for the past three years and I have been made provisionally redundant.

Is there something like a workpermit transfer, I have read in some websites that some of them have successfully transfered their workpermit to another company because the job type was the same.
Is this still applicable or has been removed after tier 2 came in place

If workpermit transfer is possible, what is the process I need to follow ? will it be treated as workpermit or tier 2. Do I have to year points.

Any replies will be appreciated

Cheers

ejobs_01

Re: Work permit transfer

Post by ejobs_01 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:52 pm

uca wrote:Hi,

I have been on workpermit for the past three years and I have been made provisionally redundant.

Is there something like a workpermit transfer, I have read in some websites that some of them have successfully transfered their workpermit to another company because the job type was the same.
Is this still applicable or has been removed after tier 2 came in place

If workpermit transfer is possible, what is the process I need to follow ? will it be treated as workpermit or tier 2. Do I have to year points.

Any replies will be appreciated

Cheers
UCA,

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. But there is no such thing as workpermit transfer. It is now called Tier 2. Search the board and you will find lot of information. Maybe you might qualify for Tier 1. Please check.

Regards,

uca
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit transfer

Post by uca » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:38 pm

ejobs_01 wrote: UCA,

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. But there is no such thing as workpermit transfer. It is now called Tier 2. Search the board and you will find lot of information. Maybe you might qualify for Tier 1. Please check.

Regards,
Thanks for the info ejobs,

Unfortunately I do not qualify for Tier 1, but qualify for tier 1

So does that mean that I have to go thru the process of

Finding a sponser who has advertised the job and the other processes as if mine was a new tier 1 application.

Is it any different if a job is terminated(sorry not sure if this is the same as redundancy) ?

Cheers